SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 20252 Posts

·
инто спе
6,821 Posts
People like you who grumble all the time must be in a great favour to it.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
So there are no long distance trains in Bulgaria with aircondition? Jesuschrist where are we
When are you gonna realize you are not in f**** Germany or wherever else you want it to be? This is Bulgaria, what you see is what you get and it is what it is. Love it or leave! Now stop your bitching and start riding the damn train so they can use your money to buy new cars with AC on them :bash:

·
Ой Ламьо
1,906 Posts
hahaha i've only seen and been in two trains with AC and that is the Eurostar and TGV, haven't seen other trains with AC , neither metro's.... my god...:lol:

·
Banned
3,054 Posts
hahaha i've only seen and been in two trains with AC and that is the Eurostar and TGV, haven't seen other trains with AC , neither metro's.... my god...:lol:
That´s very rediculous. In Germany the trams have aircondition. But not only there, man the Greek wagons travelling Sofia - Tesalloniki have aircondition but the NEW Bulgarian ones don´t have, I mean excuse me but that´s jsut a waste of money and no rason AT ALL to be proud of and to show, that´s a reason to hide the new trains and shame as BDZ, you understand?

·
ъхъ
2,498 Posts
Radi, if I was talking as much non-sense as you I would hide too but... I find showing the trains less problematic than you. :lol: Btw, I travel every time in a non-AC train in a richer than Germany country, I don't think its such a problem.

Btw, I traveled in 2005 in an AC train in Bulgaria, I don't know if it was a Desiro. It was the express between Sofia and Plovdiv. It was actually extremely cold inside while outside it was terribly hot- that's why I remember it was air-conditioned.

·
инто спе
6,821 Posts
You have been probably dreamin' may be hypnotized by the sixangular tiles on the station.

·
·!¦[· (17:50) ·]¦!
8,148 Posts
Guys & gals, the diesel & electric desiros look pretty good from the outside and on pictures. A few weeks ago I was close enough to Sofia Central Railway Station to observe the trains passing from a small distance. I haven't ridden in the new trains yet, I haven't even left Sofia since right before New Year's when I come to think of it... :nuts: But what I would like to say is that they look like a huge improvement from what it used to be before (maybe you can still see it somewhere, who knows). I'll never forget when riding a train some years ago between Dimitrovgrad and Plovdiv, there was an old grandma, who got inside with her goat at some small village station (I think it was Yabulkovo, but that's irrelevant)! At least she had the manners not to sit in a compartment with it. They both stayed in the hallway. :) It was some experience... :lol: If I'm to choose between a train and a bus, I'd go for the bus. I don't want to start an ethnic/racial argument here, so I'll just say that in Bulgaria in general people who ride the bus are better mannered. That's why when I don't use a car to leave the city, I'd prefer riding a bus. That and the time spent traveling, of course. What's the point of riding the train for 4 and 1/2 hours instead of getting there with a bus for less than 3 hours? Saving 2 or 3 leva? I don't think so... There's no way BDZ can "civilize" their passengers. Maybe by increasing the prices, but there needs to be better and faster service first. So IMO what BDZ needs ASAP are investments in the railway infrastructure. The speeds are ridiculous! If people's mentality is something the company can't change (that can only be controlled to some extent), the speed is something that can be improved. It's great to have new trains, but it's a shame not to be able to use their top speeds. There are many ways to fund that. What's necessary is will to do it and of course someone at a high position who cares.

·
Ой Ламьо
1,906 Posts
That´s very rediculous. In Germany the trams have aircondition. But not only there, man the Greek wagons travelling Sofia - Tesalloniki have aircondition but the NEW Bulgarian ones don´t have, I mean excuse me but that´s jsut a waste of money and no rason AT ALL to be proud of and to show, that´s a reason to hide the new trains and shame as BDZ, you understand?
i'm really happy about Germany but than Germany is no criteria for UAE :eek:hno: ridiculous no? :lol::lol:

I'll never forget when riding a train some years ago between Dimitrovgrad and Plovdiv, there was an old grandma, who got inside with her goat at some small village station (I think it was Yabulkovo, but that's irrelevant)!
:lol::lol:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Could you tell me please what's the rail distance between Sofia and Burgas, and how long does it take for the fastest train to cover this distance?

41 - 60 of 20252 Posts