Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Regeneration and Renewal (29/04/05)

The Birmingham Bullring shopping centre has won best new large centre in the annual International Council of Shopping Centres European awards.

The Bullring, completed last year, has been credited with playing a significant part in the regeneration of England's second city.

·
1,226 Posts
Didn't the Tricorn in Portsmouth win something simular 40 years ago?

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
morestoreysplease said:
They're there with the water cascading down them, and lit up at night too.
oopsie! I must have missed them on my little trip to Brummyland last week.

I really must write my comments, before I forget everything, but to the people that say the changies are happing too slowly, I've never seen anywhere change so much so fast!

And for the better! (in most cases!)

·
Brummie Angeleno
15,248 Posts
Cheers Stephen - we're taking everything for granted that's the problem. American friends of mine who come over a couple of times a year always comment on the changes made each time.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
morestoreysplease said:
Cheers Stephen - we're taking everything for granted that's the problem. American friends of mine who come over a couple of times a year always comment on the changes made each time.
Well, I'm from Birmingham orginally, but being living near (and working in) Liverpool for the last 6 years, and compaired to Birmingham Liverpool dosn't seem to have changed as much (it has definaitly improver, well I'm there for a start off!), althought that could be because I only see it everyday.

In fact thinking about it, all the stuff down Duke Street, Ropewalks those not much cop Student flats that keep popping up everywhere, and the new Paradise Street shops IT HAS changed a lot!

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
dinp said:
From Regeneration and Renewal (29/04/05)

The Birmingham Bullring shopping centre has won best new large centre in the annual International Council of Shopping Centres European awards.

The Bullring, completed last year, has been credited with playing a significant part in the regeneration of England's second city.

What award did the Alan Partridge (In A Pear Tree) Building get Dinpy? :naughty:

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Fookin' smartarse :fart:

·
Scaramouche, Scaramouche,
2,883 Posts

·
BAND AID
4,590 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me 'last' summer. I was taking pics of St Martins Church and a security guard came over and asked me to stop, I honestly thought he was joking and was about to carry on when he phyically blocked my view....total jobsworth!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I was asked by a security guard to stop taking photos from inside the City Plaza shopping mall when I was out getting some shots for the BBC's photo competition. Their loss really, it would have only given them some free publicity - and that place needs it!
It seems a bit pathetic. If you were planning an attack, there's not much info you could get from a photograph. But it is their property, so you have to respect their wishes.

There's an interesting sign bolted to one of the "light wands" next to the bull statue. Has anybody else seen it? It says "This is not a public right of way" ... but we'll let you through so you can go shopping, otherwise our business would fall flat on its arse.
It's rather a strange disclaimer. I assume it's there to cover their backs should they need to close the outside walk-way that runs through the middle of the complex.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts