SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With only a 1.7% of winning, the Bulls will receive the first pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Welcome home Derrick Rose (I hope! :banana:)

:cheers:

Finally, a true point guard.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Im torn between Beasley and Rose. Beasley would give them more of an inside game, while Rose is being called Kidd with a jump shot. This is a great problem to have :banana:

·
Loyola University
907 Posts
I had about 10 heart attacks when this happened! This is an amazing day!!! Welcome home Derick Rose!!!!
:dance: :cheers:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ok, I love the idea of getting derek rose, but you never know what a college player will exactly turn out to be in the NBA- there's no guarantee. Could it be a good idea to trade the pick for an all-star caliber player, and pick up a solid free agent? Just thinking about how to maximize the potential of the pick while not going through another baby bulls rebuilding era. I think we need to have an answer to Boston's moves last year.

·
Registered
278 Posts
^ Allen Iverson, Josh Smith (restricted), Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala (restricted), Michael Finley (native chi), Agent Zero (don't want him, but throwin' it out there). Just some suggestions for free agency prospects. What does the forum think?

·
Loyola University
907 Posts
Ok, I love the idea of getting derek rose, but you never know what a college player will exactly turn out to be in the NBA- there's no guarantee. Could it be a good idea to trade the pick for an all-star caliber player, and pick up a solid free agent? Just thinking about how to maximize the potential of the pick while not going through another baby bulls rebuilding era. I think we need to have an answer to Boston's moves last year.
I know what you are getting at here but either way Beasley or Rose have a very good chance of being FRANCHISE players and I think that the bulls would be stupid to trade that away.

And we wouldn't have to go through another baby bulls era because these two have "superstar" written all over them. On the other hand Gordon, Kirk, Deng are only good role players, maybe Deng could be an All-Star but that could be a stretch.

·
Registered
650 Posts
^ Allen Iverson, Josh Smith (restricted), Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala (restricted), Michael Finley (native chi), Agent Zero (don't want him, but throwin' it out there). Just some suggestions for free agency prospects. What does the forum think?
Only Elton Brand and Baron Davis interest me,, maybe Andre Iguodala.. Finley-old and tired, Smith old and tired, Iverson no need for that mess,

But if Paxson moves on FA at the same speed he is moving on a coach , then the best players will be gone.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
^ Almost all of the experts have Rose going #2...Beasely right now is the
consensus #1 pick.

The Bulls need someone who can score inside, more than anything else. That is why I give Beasely the edge right now.

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ Almost all of the experts have Rose going #2...Beasely right now is the
consensus #1 pick.

The Bulls need someone who can score inside, more than anything else. That is why I give Beasely the edge right now.
I've had ESPN on in the background all day, and the majority of the talking heads have Rose going #1. No good experts! :bash: :lol:

Anyways, I think a franchise PG is more desirable than a franchise PF. The way the league is now, it's not exactly a big man's league as it used to be.

With the right floor captain, I think Tyrus Thomas could become a very good PF (he'll never shoot like Michael Beasley though), and who knows about Joachim Noah.

I guess the two schools of thought are do you draft because of need (Inside scoring=Beasley) or take the best player overall (Rose, but some could argue that's Beasley as well). Both players are being described as "transcendent" talents, so I'd be happy to land either, but admittedly a little worried if we passed on the next Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

As far as trading for already proven stars, you have to entertain all offers, but Beasley & Rose are being described as once in a generation talents at their respective positions. They might be too good to pass up. :drool:

Although, I think I remember Eddy Curry being described as once in a generation as well. :bash: :eek:hno:

I'm not sure I'd want to be John Paxson right now.

Go Bulls!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
^ You cant go wrong with either Rose or Beasley, I just think that a backcourt of Heinrich and Gordon/Hughs is a good enough to win if they can find an inside scorer. If the Bulls keep Ben Gordon and use him as the 6th man, they will have a very deep bench. Im sure this team will find a way to **** it all up...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
^ Yeah, I think they resemble each other. Beasley can be a threat from the 3 point line as well, he shot like 38% from beyond the arc

·
Loyola University
907 Posts
Both players are amazing but I would take Derrick Rose with the #1 pick. Because he is the leader we have been looking plus you can't pass up on Rose at the point. Like someone in a different forum said "Beasley will get the stats but Rose will win you games."

As far as the coaching gig I think it is down to Corbin and Shaw.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Both players are amazing but I would take Derrick Rose with the #1 pick. Because he is the leader we have been looking plus you can't pass up on Rose at the point. Like someone in a different forum said "Beasley will get the stats but Rose will win you games."

As far as the coaching gig I think it is down to Corbin and Shaw.
this doesn't make any sense to me...How do you get Beasley will get the stats but rose will win you games? Both players have one year of college under their belts, Rose played on a stacked memphis team, while Beasley was a one man show at K State, and he STILL avgeraged 26 pts a game and 12 rebs.
Why is Rose the leader we have been looking for, but Beasley is not? Rose is a great pick, but i dont get your rationale.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Prelude, i think what he's saying is that no matter how well the team does, Beasley will always be consistent, you know at least 20 pts, 10 boards- night in, night out. But in big games, you need a leader to lift the team up and get them over the hump. Filling up the stat sheet is not always enough. Rose might not score as much or rebound as much, but he will still be a huge scorer, and an incredible "assister," with immense leadership qualities to top it all off.

Anyways, I don't think it matters so much right now that the Bulls are in greater need of an inside scorer than a PG. With special talents like these guys, you build the team around them, not fit them into the existing framework. For that reason, along with better leadership qualities, and the current importance on guard play in the league, I'm leaning towards Rose for the moment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts