SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
17,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of Burbank's skyline? This is the skyline that you'll see if you happen to be in Universal Studios. I actually find it interesting seeing 2 office towers and dozens of midrise surrounded by a vast urban lowrises and mountains.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
its nice... the roads are a bit strange as there being devided by a highway. when there highly recomend choza mama... tasty tasty food

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
Are they even building anything there? LA has 5 major CBD...Downtown, Century City, Long Beach, Glendale, and Burbank. All of them could use some work and could be turned into something even more spectacular though Glendale is somewhat vibrant.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
WANCH said:
What do you think of Burbank's skyline? This is the skyline that you'll see if you happen to be in Universal Studios. I actually find it interesting seeing 2 office towers and dozens of midrise surrounded by a vast urban lowrises and mountains.

eh kind of reminds me of those large office buildings you see off the highway with large parking lots surrounding them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It needs more midrises around the two office towers there, otherwise it's very nice.

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
I forgot Pasadena, thanks. I'm also hoping Santa Monica will have a mini-Miami feel to it.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
EtherealMist said:
eh kind of reminds me of those large office buildings you see off the highway with large parking lots surrounding them.
not at all surounded by parking lots. its actually very green there

·
Registered
93 Posts
Westsidelife said:
I forgot Pasadena, thanks. I'm also hoping Santa Monica will have a mini-Miami feel to it.
:cry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Its so unique, why would you ever want to have it copy the ambience of some other city? :bash: :cry:

:runaway:

On topic: Burbank is nice, anyone got photos of the other non-downtown CBD's?

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
SpaceMan1 said:
:cry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Its so unique, why would you ever want to have it copy the ambience of some other city? :bash: :cry:

:runaway:

On topic: Burbank is nice, anyone got photos of the other non-downtown CBD's?
I was kind of referring more to skyline. I do hope it maintains its distinct Southern California ambiance. :)

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
I hates it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
The thing about Burbank is that there are two dense areas of development that are widely separated.

There's the "original" downtown which sprung up around San Fernando Road and the Southern Pacific railroad, and the "Uptown" area around Warner Brothers and Disney studios.

The original picture in this post with the two highrise towers was of the "Uptown" area, known also as the "Media District."

The photos of the Holiday Inn (tallest buildings in downtown Burbank) and Cartoon Network are of the historic city center. Lots of development there since 1990, but no skyscrapers really: the tallest of them are about 8 stories. They put in Ikea, a new mall and all sorts of commercial redevelopment in the early 1990s. After that, they started putting in residential mixed use complexes like the lovely white building in the above photo. The rust/brown building on Angeleno Street is also a condo complex, so like in downtown L.A., there's an influx of residents coming into downtown Burbank as well. It's getting almost like a real city now!

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
other than burbanks skyline
its pretty cool city
heres a pic I found

1 - 20 of 62 Posts