21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Whos Tim? lol, nice aerial though

·
city driver
469 Posts
My friends and I like to say burbank (and other places of the same-vintage office buildings) looks like the oil level from sonic the hedgehog..

.. all that tacky early-90s postmodern crap (no offense burbank) with huge spheres and pillars and little pitched-roof lines.. they have a bunch of those buildings in westwood, too, along wilshire.. so no worries, burbank.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Don't front, that's one of my favorite levels out of all the Sonic games. Not to mention the music is sick, too. The happiest day of my life was when I got the disc with all the old Genesis games on it for GameCube....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Man, that level took me forever to pass when I was like 10, it was so frustrating, I f*cking hated those floating platforms! But yeah, it was sweet passing it eventually :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts

The Disney Channel Building is going on the market next week or so, they say it is probably going to sell in the $500/PSf range, Close to a record for LA.

Central Park is probably going to close sale next week. Neat Building, it all art deco with chrome door frames on the interior. They are putting a MCCormick and Schmidts downstairs.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Is it just non-offensive horseplay to call the Valley "over the hill"? Example: "Lacretia and her momma live over the hill in Pacoima." Kinda how Manhattanites call everyone else coming to their burough the "b & t" crowd? (Bridge and Tunnel)

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Burbank City Centre

This area is comprised of approximately 212 acres in the City's downtown area.
This project area has been the focus of major redevelopment
activity which currently includes the development of a mixed-use retail/housing project and infrastructure improvements.
Completed Projects include the police/fire facility, and additional
restaurants, and retail.

Projects under construction

AMC 16 Downtown Burbank - Phase II

Location: Burbank Village - Block bound by Magnolia Blvd., San Fernando Blvd., Orange Grove Ave., and First St.
Redevelopment Project Area: City Centre
Owner/Developer: Champion Development
Contact: Kimberly Williams; Telephone Number: 818-558-3600; More Information at: http://www.theburbankcollection.com
Agency Contact: Jennifer Mack, Community Development Department
Telephone Number: (818) 238-5180
Project Description: Mixed-use residential and retail project consisting of 118 condominium units located above approximately 47,990 sq. ft. of retail uses.
Estimated Construction Start: March 2006.
Estimated Completion: 2nd quarter 2008.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IMPACT:
Estimated No. of Jobs Created: Information not available

video
http://www.theburbankcollection.com/virtual.php

RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT

Redevelopment Project Area: City Centre
Owner/Developer: R.D. Olson Company
Telephone Number: 949-474-2001
Project Description: 166 rooms in Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel
Estimated Completion: August 2007
Comments/Status: Under construction
Economic Development Impact: Undetermined

South San Fernando Blvd. Streetscape Project

The South San Fernando Streetscape Project includes about a ½ mile portion of the boulevard, between Verdugo to Spazier/Glendale Border. The streetscape improvements include landscaped medians, new sidewalks and curb and gutters, street trees in the parkways and medians, street furniture, new pedestrian-oriented lighting and repaving of South San Fernando Boulevard from Verdugo to Spazier Avenues. Two lanes in each direction and existing on-street parking will be maintained. Construction began in September 2006 with sewer upgrades being constructed on Cedar Avenue. Work is expected to continue through mid-September at which time the contractor will begin demolition of the existing curbs, gutters and sidewalks along the west side of San Fernando Boulevard beginning at Verdugo Avenue and continuing to Spazier Avenue. While the utility work is underway on the first four feet of sidewalk behind the curb along the west side of San Fernando Boulevard, the remaining sidewalk along the west side will remain intact. Once the west side has been completed the same process will continue along the east side of the boulevard. After all utility work has been completed new sidewalks will be poured.

It is expected that within four weeks of the start of demolition all on-street parking on both sides of San Fernando Boulevard will be unavailable for the following seven months of construction. On-street parking will remain available on the side streets throughout construction.

More info
http://www.burbankca.org/redevelopment/projcice.html#TOP

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
that area has had constructions running for quite some time now. the hole time i lived in burbank the lot on 1st between olive and magnolia. just sitting there with its white plywood walls. and no activity.

the one place i am interested in is the intersection of olive and alameda. there are atleast 4 empty lots prim for the plucking and newly developed intersections. i make it a point to go to chosa mama [tasty food at that intersection] atleast once every two months and every time i go that area is changing

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Where is the infrastucture for Public Transportation? Just hopped over from the NOHO thread and all of that development makes sense because of the Red Line. But with Burbank, where are they going to put all of the cars? They don't have a viable public transportation plan.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
maybe burbank could be come a walking city

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
why in the free parking lots of course! there are a plethera of them in burbank :)

^ Unfortunately parking is a bitch in the evenings especially on the weekends. Even with rows and rows of stupid compact parking. As far as Transit, Metrolink has a station on Alameda. It only like two blocks away from Media Center area. Speaking of Choo Choo Trains..... Isn't the proposed Yellow Line supposed to cover this part of Burbank? If so that would be sooooooo neat, can't wait!!!!

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Metrolink is a "suburban" train, a commuter train. When you board one of these the idea is that you are either going to or coming back from work. Burbank should be mature enough to understand that the lure of free parking only creates more traffic that its streets cannot handle.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
street traffic in burbank is still easy going.

nothing like hollywood or downtown. so although you might be right k. i dont think that city is at that point yet

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
So why not plan ahead? Of course I'm preaching to the choir here.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ Your absolutely right, they do need to plan ahead. Thats why they have a shortage of parking for it's visitor's. Instead of building 5/6 levels parking structures that get packed up quickly. The Structures should be no less than 10 stories w/ valet parking. I recommend they knock down those 2/3 story apartment building on the back end of San Fernando Road to built the new parking structures.....

21 - 40 of 62 Posts