SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
ha ha ha.. see why we need a dictatorship here? just get one crazy politision who does not care about getting re-elected to just blow every cent this city has on making a full fleged rail system over nite.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Burbank City Center throughout the years had improved a lot. I'm giving the city credit for for it's new life. I remember years ago when there was nothing, practically nothing to do in this area. Regarding mass transit, I thought there was a plan to extend the Red Line from NoHo to Burbank? well at least according to the mayor's sound bites....

·
Registered
152 Posts
The MTA recently funded an MIS to identify Pasadena-Glendale-Burbank-North Hollywood transit options, possibly as an extension of the existing Gold Line.

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
Metrolink is a "suburban" train, a commuter train. When you board one of these the idea is that you are either going to or coming back from work. Burbank should be mature enough to understand that the lure of free parking only creates more traffic that its streets cannot handle.
That is the basic function of commuter trains, yes. But their service can be expanded to near-mass transit frequencies. The Long Island RR in NY is a commuter railroad that also functions as a quasi-rapid transit system outside the city.

Metrolink itself is still relatively new (the fact that it spanned over 450 route miles in a decade is quite impressive - a lot of credit goes to the '94 earthquake :)). Eventually it would be electrified and serve a quasi-rapid transit function to and from the suburbs.

·
Registered
18,292 Posts
Please do it. LA is too big to keep track of. I get to Glendale, the airport and NoHo some, but not much else in the Valley lately.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
4 years later, we still wanna know who the heck is Tim??!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Not likely to turn out as beneficial addition to the area, but why does "earthquake country" need a mention knowing today's capabilities within the architectural/engineering realm?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts