SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my city - Burgas (or Bourgas)
Burgas is Bulgaria's 4th largest city with a population of about 260 000. During the summer months it gets much much bigger, though. In June, July and August the city has an incredible atmosphere - there are tons of people downtown in the promenade street that goes towards the Sea Garden Park.
The historic center of the city is a bit off the main streets, so it seems like Burgas lacks as many old building as Plovdiv, Varna or Russe but there is plenty to be seen.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new bulgaria said:
It seems like Joey is another Bulgarian soul on this side of the Atlantic. Am I right Joey?
Well sort of...I am a student here, on this side of the Atlantic. I was supposed to write a paper tonight but fvck it...we do it tomorrow. Posting pics is much more fun. :banana:

Dobre doshul!
Blagodarya.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice city, looks much prettier than Varna:yes: ;)
What are some of the projects that are going on at this moment? Upgrade of transport infrastructure, sports venues, office & hotel building and such?

Welcome to the forum, bratko:)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Losmi said:
What are some of the projects that are going on at this moment? Upgrade of transport infrastructure, sports venues, office & hotel building and such?

I am not sure about that. But both cities have been rivals for a while. Varna is much prettier, older and more regal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Losmi said:

Thanks batka.

Well, we do have this rivalry with Varna, you know. I think it is pointless though. I mean, both cities are great. I like both. Still I am from Burgas, so it's obvious which one I think rocks more. :banana:

Varna is apparently the larger city and somebody came up with the preposterous phrase “Sea Capital”. But we have places like Nessebar and Sozopol just 25km away;we do have a much better geo-position (look at the pics). :tongue4:
I envision a great potential for a metropolitan area in the future.

·
Super Moderator
11,220 Posts
Losmi said:
Now you're banned, dumbass! :D
I'm kidding, I've never been to the city, I only passed through the industrial suburbs on my way to Sozopol, so the only thing I remember is refineries.
I wouldn't mind visiting, the city looks really nice

1 - 20 of 1262 Posts