Votes: 0 0.0%

• 3 or less

401 - 420 of 461 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,204 Posts
This would be the first real monster, without a tall spire. The design is amazing and unique, if this tower was to come back would be among the greatest news that can happen this year. But we all have our doubts.

Reactions: krkseg1ops

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,300 Posts
This would be the first real monster, without a tall spire. The design is amazing and unique, if this tower was to come back would be among the greatest news that can happen this year. But we all have our doubts.
Very true. This design was always my favourite together with nakheel tower. Let's see what will happen this year.

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,204 Posts
OMG! Another Muslim country megatall building! Amazing! Hope this project will be constructed
This is one of the least likely 1000m towers to start. It hasn't had an update for years and seems like it's laid on ice for good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Maybe this year!!!!!!!

at first, the bridge, the world's longest bridge built in kuwait city, the building of city of silk begin after, so, not building of Burj Mubarak El Kabir befor 3 or 4 years
Check out google earth! I saw something peculiar when I zoomed in, something like spilled red things all over the site! There is hope that Silk City might as well be real after all.

·
1,011 Posts
the bridge is completed to 90%. also soon the begining of the build ?
Update from Kuwait: not for a while yet - the whole City of Silk is on indefinite hold, so the bridge as it stands is just a bridge to northern nowhere. It might cut travel time from around 90 minutes around the bay to 17 minutes across the bridge, but it's also a toll bridge so most truck/equipment drivers won't be too inclined to fork money over for access in a country where the concept of tolls doesn't exist.

In any case, I hope that the bridge spurs activity to the north and gets things going sooner than later. We're just over a year away from opening so not much longer to go.

- K

401 - 420 of 461 Posts