Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Turkey, after Antalya, Bursa has opened another tram system, which is old style. When the light rail of Bursa is trendy and first, the tram is although slow, but very much nostalgic/romantic.

Bursa Tram is an old style system, with high floor, and bow collector. It suns through the old city area with a nostalgic view, as I know, however please confirm.

There is a Photo

POST AS MANY AS PHOTOS OF BURSA TRAM HERE, ALSO A MAP IS REQUIRED.

·
30,921 Posts
Reactions: Coke85 and n20

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Edil!!! Superb quality fotos. Thank you very much.

I haven't found any official website of this system, Is there any such website?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, but It is in turkish, which I can't read.

However, I saw a different model of Bursa tram, which don't match with the above photos. Are there two different types of rolling stock? Please clear my confusion.

·
30,921 Posts
This is active nostalgic line, and the vehicles that you showed also work in this line I think, bu t I'm not sure.

This is the line which is U/C now,

And new Turkish made vehicles (named İpekböceği) will work in this line,

This is Bursaray LRT line,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bursaray

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you mean there are two types of rolling stock (old small & new large) running on the current line?

And the extension will use that red tram?

Will those two lines be connected? or seperate? When will it open for public?

Please try to answer these -
1) Reserved or unreserved, - which type of track layout is common in Anren tramway network?
2) Which is the busiest tram terminus?
3) Where is/are the depot(s) of the tramway network?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like Antalya, Bursa also opened two types of tram lines, one are a bit old, another is new and trendy.

The New tram route T1 is a circular route, old tram route T3 crosses it at Cancilar.

By the way, where is the T2, is there any plan for this? What it will be? old style or new style line?

·
18,291 Posts
From Rail Journal:

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/light-rail/bursa-issues-tender-for-72-lrvs.html?channel=526

Bursa issues tender for 72 LRVs
Monday, February 02, 2015

BURSA Metropolitan Municipality has issued a tender notice for a contract to supply 60 LRVs for the BursaRay light metro network and a further 12 vehicles for street-running tram lines in the Turkish city

The tender stipulates that bidders must have capacity to supply at least 24 vehicles per year with a minimum of 60% domestic content. The supplier will also need to deliver at least two vehicles of each type within just six months of contract signing. This would appear to favour local manufacturer Durmazlar, which displayed its Silkworm and Green City vehicles at InnoTrans in Berlin last September

·
18,291 Posts

·
18,291 Posts
From Rail Journal:

http://www.railjournal.com/index.ph...gin-trial-operation-in-bursa.html?channel=526

GreenCity LRVs begin trial operation in Bursa
Thursday, June 16, 2016

TRIAL operation of a new fleet of GreenCity high-floor LRVs for the Bursaray light rail network in the Turkish city of Bursa began on June 15

Bursa Metropolitan Municipality placed an order with local supplier Durmazlar in February 2015 for 60 of the two-section vehicles, together with 12 Silkworm low-floor LRVs for street-running tram lines in the city. Durmazlar submitted an offer of €1.63m per vehicle for the contract

1 - 19 of 19 Posts