SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 200 of 3458 Posts

·
Batang Munti
780 Posts
that's why MMDA implemented the "organized bus route system" to lessen the volume of PUV's plying the main thoroughfares of metro manila. I also agree on cutting down the number of operators but I guess that would trigger another set of strikes (we had enough of those). If they cannot do anyting with the operators, target the number of buses that they operate, which the MMDA is actually doing right now. I just hope that the operators will continue to be cooperative. It's for everyone's benefit anyway.

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,972 Posts
So how is this OBR working? Has it been implemented yet? Every single one of the articles above say, it's ready to be implemented, but they keep on delaying.

Any improvement?

·
Batang Munti
780 Posts
i think it was implemented last year. but then they stopped coz of complains from the operators. whether they already resumed it or not, I'm not sure about that. maybe the other forumers can inform us more about this?

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
From today's papers

New bus scheme on Edsa begins today
First posted 10:22pm (Mla time) Sept 29, 2005
By Tarra Quismundo
Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on Page A23 of the September 30, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

THE METROPOLITAN MANILA Development Authority (MMDA) will start its controlled bus dispatch scheme today.

President Macapagal-Arroyo is expected to attend the launch of the Organized Bus Route (OBR) scheme at the terminal in Navotas town this morning. Some 800 Metropolitan Manila buses will be affected initially, MMDA officials said. When fully implemented, the scheme places more than 3,000 buses traversing Edsa under limited dispatch, based on commuter demand.

As planned, the number of trips a bus makes per day will be reduced. At present, a bus averages four trips.

The MMDA estimates the project to cost around P23.4 million, including expenses for the preparation of facilities and components for the scheme. It is expected to save fuel and reduce operating costs.

Buses covered by the initial run ply the route from Navotas to Baclaran, Alabang, FTI (Food Terminal Inc.), Pacita Complex in Laguna, and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Pasay City.

Participating buses were issued OBR tags, proof of legitimate operations. The OBR would cover about 25 routes that traverse Edsa, some ending in the provinces of Laguna and Bulacan. The MMDA has put up OBR terminals in Navotas, Alabang, Baclaran, and Novaliches.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Thanks for those nice Pic of Victory Liner terminal(last year pa pala) ...brings back memories from last years trip to Baguio...i too,..prefer victory liner over others.We've only tried going to Baguio by bus once but we got to Manila on time...we normally drive....

if going to Legaspi City....definitely catch Philtranco...do not try Raymonds...i repeat not Raymonds.....awful ....but Philtranco is fast smooth service ( Atleast to my observation)

·
The Original is The Best
6,410 Posts
If I were to go to Baguio during the holidays, what is the best way to get there assuming we don't drive there. Is Victory Liner bus ok? Where is their terminal? How long is travel time? 5 hours?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Lili said:
If I were to go to Baguio during the holidays, what is the best way to get there assuming we don't drive there. Is Victory Liner bus ok? Where is their terminal? How long is travel time? 5 hours?

Lili....wala ako na experience na Prob sa Victory Liner.....and they're terminal is not far from burnham Park...it took us i think less than ten mins taxi ...clean ang terminal nila...and its not confusing ...also its doesnt seem very crowded so thats nice (thats based on my experience last year :)

nah not 5 hours....alow about 6 to 7 for sure....maybe even 7...that also depends of what time of the day you wanna travel...then the length of the Journey depends on it....

·
resident web developer
1,185 Posts
taken from abscbnnews.com...

MMDA implements new bus scheme

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) implemented the Organized Bus Route (OBR) scheme along EDSA on Monday, causing minor problems in bus terminals.

DZMM reports said drivers of some public utility buses refused to follow the new scheme, which requires the use of queue cards to regulate the flow of buses along EDSA.

It noted that in Baclaran, Paranaque City, some of the bus drivers refuse to secure their queue cards because of the long traffic line they had to endure.

MMDA officials, however, said passenger buses would be apprehended along EDSA if they do not have queue cards.

MMDA executive director for Traffic Operation Center Angelito Vergel de Dios said minor problems are usual during the first day of implementation of a new bus scheme.

"It would be quite difficult at first but problems will be corrected immediately as soon as they emerge," said de Dios.

He said the MMDA decided to enforce the scheme after observing that many buses run half full.

The OBR will be in effect in at least 25 northbound and southbound routes along EDSA.

The agency has established OBR terminals in Alabang, Baclaran, FTI, Navotas and Fairview.

·
zerocool
593 Posts
^SoMeGuY^ said:
Thanks for those nice Pic of Victory Liner terminal(last year pa pala) ...brings back memories from last years trip to Baguio...i too,..prefer victory liner over others.We've only tried going to Baguio by bus once but we got to Manila on time...we normally drive....

if going to Legaspi City....definitely catch Philtranco...do not try Raymonds...i repeat not Raymonds.....awful ....but Philtranco is fast smooth service ( Atleast to my observation)
I beg to disagree...If u want a luxurious trip to Legazpi take Cagsawa Tours, They dispatch Buses to Cubao Terminal and Ermita area near Robinsons Manila, I forgot the road name. All their Buses are Air Suspension, well maintained, 30-33 seater only (40-45 for other buslines), driver uniforms looks like they are pilots, u are given baggage claim numbers, and u cant just board w/o properly booked tickets and a boarding pass, all the stopover points are very nice and chic, and they dont pick-up passengers along the way (very safe).

Philtranco is also not bad, but i still prefer Cagsawa. I particularly like single seater Buses of Philtranco (3 separate rows of seats) and they have a stewardess on the deck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can anybody tell me the pointers for getting info about rail/metro/bus network around Manila/Makati/Muntinlupa...

Actually am new to the place...

Thanx in advance...

·
The Original is The Best
6,410 Posts
olineil said:
I beg to disagree...If u want a luxurious trip to Legazpi take Cagsawa Tours, They dispatch Buses to Cubao Terminal and Ermita area near Robinsons Manila, I forgot the road name. All their Buses are Air Suspension, well maintained, 30-33 seater only (40-45 for other buslines), driver uniforms looks like they are pilots, u are given baggage claim numbers, and u cant just board w/o properly booked tickets and a boarding pass, all the stopover points are very nice and chic, and they dont pick-up passengers along the way (very safe).

Philtranco is also not bad, but i still prefer Cagsawa. I particularly like single seater Buses of Philtranco (3 separate rows of seats) and they have a stewardess on the deck.
How long is the travel time to Legazpi from Manila @Olineil?

·
Banned
326 Posts
I don't really support the proliferation of buses plying within the MM.
But since buses are an inevitable mode of transportation within the city, I would like to suggest a Centralized Bus Terminal instead of the current multiple bus stations scattered around the Metro. This will lessen the blockage caused by buses coming in and out of the stations and parking along the highways (such as EDSA).
The Central Bus Terminal that will house both MM and Provincial bound buses must be connected to an MRT/LRT line for easy transfer. I suggest a huge 4-story central bus station similar to the the NY Port Authority (which I think is only 3-story). By then, all other stations scattered around the city shall be abolished and the location be developed into something more useful and organized.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
sandrin said:
I don't really support the proliferation of buses plying within the MM.
But since buses are an inevitable mode of transportation within the city, I would like to suggest a Centralized Bus Terminal instead of the current multiple bus stations scattered around the Metro. This will lessen the blockage caused by buses coming in and out of the stations and parking along the highways (such as EDSA).
The Central Bus Terminal that will house both MM and Provincial bound buses must be connected to an MRT/LRT line for easy transfer. I suggest a huge 4-story central bus station similar to the the NY Port Authority (which I think is only 3-story). By then, all other stations scattered around the city shall be abolished and the location be developed into something more useful and organized.
3 or 4 terminal building in every corner of Manila? Will the government be able to affort to erect those buildings? Will there be a space for it everywhere in Manila? Or is it just one location all and all?

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Bus driver, conductors caught bribing MMDA men
By Rhodina Villanueva
The Philippine Star 10/19/2005

Policemen apprehended a driver and two conductors yesterday after they allegedly tried to bribe traffic enforcers of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) which has stepped up the implementation of the Organized Bus Route (OBR) scheme on EDSA.

Police Officer 1 Francis Serrano said Renato Ronnie Cavillo, driver of MGP Transport; Edwin Parale, conductor of MGP Transport; and Domingo Roson Botor, conductor of Ismael Bus Line were apprehended at around 7 a.m. for violation of the "close-door policy" on buses.

A bus cannot travel on EDSA with its doors open, which is one of the rules under the OBR.

Serrano said that the three all used the same method in attempting to bribe the traffic enforcers.

"When they handed the driver’s license, there was a P100 bill in the jacket, which surprised the enforcers," he said.

Executive Director Angelito Vergel de Dios of the Traffic Operation Center (TOC) said the three bus employees were detained at the emergency station in Timog, Quezon City.

"We really mean to strictly implement the OBR as what Chairman Bayani Fernando instructed. The bus operators and drivers should really comply," he said.

The TOC chief added that they are now preparing bribery charges against the three men.

·
Banned
326 Posts
xDieselJockx said:
3 or 4 terminal building in every corner of Manila? Will the government be able to affort to erect those buildings? Will there be a space for it everywhere in Manila? Or is it just one location all and all?
I meant one huge central bus terminal of up to 4-stories bldng.

181 - 200 of 3458 Posts