SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
May the Force Be With You
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, we will get centralised terminal for Singapore-Malaysia coaches - a proper infrastructure for inter-city buses!

LTA has been undergoing study on this with other authorities as stated in the Straits Times...

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
JediAlf said:
Everyone, we will get centralised terminal for Singapore-Malaysia coaches - a proper infrastructure for inter-city buses!

LTA has been undergoing study on this with other authorities as stated in the Straits Times...
Where's the location?? :?

·
3,636 Posts
JediAlf said:

Well, Kuala Lumpur would need it more than Singapore...
Scrap Pudu Raya ! Go Plaza Rakyat ! ;-)

·
arkitect
1,326 Posts
There was a suggestion a few years ago to turn the old turf club field area into a bus terminal for inter-city buses but was turned down. This was publicised in the papers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I will be arriving in Singapore on the 31st of August 2012. My Brother want to go malaysia We just need to pass by the border. I would like to ask for your help. What bus should we take if we go to Malaysia? How much is the fare? What about the bus from Malaysia going back to Singapore... where is it located and how much is the fare? it would really be a very big help if you can give me your advice.
Thank you so much.

·
Banned
7,907 Posts
^^ You will need to clear immigration at both Singapore and Malaysia checkpoints. The route via Woodlands Checkpoint can get very hectic in its charming little way. If you're intending to travel on Singapore's public bus services, bear in mind that you'll have to tap your CEPAS-2 card each time you get on and off and stick to the same service number no matter whether a fellow service is empty or not, or you'll find yourself being charged SGD 1.70 twice or worse, three times. Personally, speed and comfort are important to me, so I don't mind being double-charged.

All other services also accept payment in Ringgit, which is great if you're on a budget because the charges are SGD 1 = RM 1. Services that accept Ringgit include the crossborder service from Yishun and Sembawang, Causeway Link services from Newton, Queen Street, Jurong East MRT station, Genting's TS services from Resorts World and Changi Airport and Marina Bay Sands' services from Marina Bay Sands to selected destinations in Malaysia. There are also direct services available from Golden Mile, Novena Square amongst other places to Malacca, Kuala Lumpur, Genting Highlands, Penang, Ipoh and Bangkok. However, these services may be slow at the Checkpoints because they'll wait for all paid passengers to board before crossing the border.

Seloloving has offered you a price list for cross-border services, but if you're looking at inter-city, prices range from their mid twenties (SGD) to almost a hundred, depending on your destination and desired comfort, which includes aircraft-like personal entertainment, reclining sleepers and meals on board.

·
21,477 Posts
^^ Adding on, it is definitely cheaper to take the cross-border service to Larkin and take the intercity buses there since the tickets are to be paid in ringgit. :)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Our Singapore<->Malaysia travel time on Second Link took us five hours (including bathroom breaks and all that). That was back in 2003.

Dunno if it's the same now or if some things have changed.........

P.S.
It probably took longer because our tourist bus took us all the way up to our hotel in KL.

·
21,477 Posts
Took an express from Larkin to KL within 4 hours. A short 15 min stop for toilet break. So it can be that fast.

·
21,477 Posts
^^ That is why I usually take the express buses from Larkin. The buses from Singapore tend to stop at these stops as the companies have an agreement with the various stops. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are dozens of express bus service from Singapore to KL. A few of the largest express bus operators like Konsortium Express & Tours, Sri Maju Express and NICE offer almost hourly trip between Singapore and KL.
Most of the bus operators will depart at Golden Mile Complex. But they are some operators which depart at other location like The Plaza ,Key Point , Harbour Front, Boon Lay Shopping Centre and many more. Please check with respective bus operator before buy the ticket. Most of Travelers are advised to book their tickets early online in website such as http://www.easibook.com/ which provides the online booking of most express buses tickets from Singapore to Malaysia and within Malaysia itself Can more comfortable and economical. The Price Will be around RM40.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am assuming that there is no problem, but wanted to check with you whether crossing a border between Singapore and Malaysia overland is relatively hassle free? I am disabled, and have mobility problems, so would like to avoid long waiting times. Thanks for letting me know! Best regards to all!

·
5,198 Posts
If you'll like to visit JB and you are staying or commencing your journey within the city centre, the most hassle free way is to get a cab from Queen Street Terminal.
http://goo.gl/maps/PMx7q

The cabs there can take you directly to almost any destination within JB City Centre, clearing customs within the cab, at between S$35-S$50. If you do not mind, you can share the cab with other passengers (max 4 passengers in a cab).

·
Banned
7,907 Posts
^^ Interesting. I think SBST, SMRT, Transtar for RWS and in particular, Causeway Link have a stranglehold on Singapore-JB services.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts