SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1662 Posts

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Render:

--------------------------------------------

Older design concept:

I've never seen a thread for this supertall even though it's higher than SWFC and Union Square phase 7. This is supposed to be under construction so I posted it here but am not entirely sure. Maybe it's on hold or what? Does anyone have any info because it seems this one's been forgotten.

Anyone know anything about this tower?

·
Registered
51 Posts
From Emporis:

News: 107 storey skyscraper construction intensifies (01-06-05)

After settling arguments about the Yeongdo bridge in the city of Busan, the construction of Busan Lotte World's 107 floor building will finally start by the end of this month (January, 2005). The arguments ended after the city of Busan and Lotte Shopping agreed on expanding the lanes of the bridge to ease traffic congestion that might be caused by the high-rise hotel complex. Ground preparation will end by March and Koreans will start seeing the rise of their newest tallest building.

But in the same page you can read: 'According to numerous sources, the project has not started construction'.

More renders:

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
There is a thread somewhere, probs in the News and Developments threads. Anyway someone from Busan or someone in Busan or going there needs to get us some picys. :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
well i remeber a forummer posting a picture of the site,and it looked quite dead.

·
Registered
73,317 Posts
how can such a major project have nothing on the web? not every day a 500m skyscraper starts up. i cant find anything only old competitions and old articles.

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CULWULLA said:
how can such a major project have nothing on the web? not every day a 500m skyscraper starts up. i cant find anything only old competitions and old articles.
Exactly, that's why I posted it. I knew about this project but was surprised that there was no news. As seen in the photo ground work has started.

BTW I think it looks great. It'll have the same Taipei 101 effect but this tower looks a lot better.

·
6,403 Posts

·
6,403 Posts
There's apparently info on this at Daum skyscrapers cafe. We need some Koreans (SUNNI??) to keep an eye on it. These are the latest pics from Daum, posted by Waterloo in April - looks a bit desolate :(

·
Watch my Chops
5,987 Posts
What a great time for skyscrapers we live in, i say.

·
efil4oremirp
1,568 Posts
aedificium erectum said:
wow, that are some amateur renders...

but I hope it's really UC.
What's amateur about 'm? Picture quality is a little low, but apart from that it's not that bad in my opinion.

Since your internship you're getting render-snobby, AE!

1 - 20 of 1662 Posts