SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 1669 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
is this the same "Lotte" company that makes those scrumptious koalas with chocolate inside? or am i completely mistaking this for something else?

beautiful tower btw... hope it gets built =D
 

·
South Korea
Joined
·
148 Posts
Any recent news on this. My girlfriend (who's Korean) works not too
far from Pusan ... if i can I'll ask her to look in on what's happening
if she goes to Pusan.
 

·
Kapitan Paleta
Joined
·
166 Posts
Oriolus, there is probably a road on this render, so the building site localization iz correct imo.



 

·
Armani
Joined
·
353 Posts
chang4 said:
Any recent news on this. My girlfriend (who's Korean) works not too
far from Pusan ... if i can I'll ask her to look in on what's happening
if she goes to Pusan.

Please check it out. very little news coming from this potential #2 or 3 worlds supertall.

Thank you :)
 

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Joined
·
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It's a pity there's no official news on this project. I wonder if it has progressed since it really looks good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
This just in from a credible news source:

http://www.chosun.com/national/news/200604/200604160057.html

(in Korean)

In translation (roughly)- The tower's height has been increased to 510m. Tower to be completed in 2008, shopping mall and such to be completed in 2010. Design changed from a lighthouse shape to a ship shape.
They say also that the construction has been delayed a lot due to restoration efforts on the nearby bridge or something..
 

·
Kapitan Paleta
Joined
·
166 Posts
shoenberg3 said:
This just in from a credible news source:

http://www.chosun.com/national/news/200604/200604160057.html

(in Korean)

In translation (roughly)- The tower's height has been increased to 510m. Tower to be completed in 2008, shopping mall and such to be completed in 2010. Design changed from a lighthouse shape to a ship shape.
They say also that the construction has been delayed a lot due to restoration efforts on the nearby bridge or something..
ship shape? i can't imagine ship shape on the 510m high building. :weird:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
a building with ship shape doesn't resemble completely like a ship.
The al burj arab was made to look like a sailing boat. Does the burj al arab is a "vertical titanic" just because it has a ship shape?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Dubai-Lover said:
there is no way this one will be completed in 2008!!!

i love all the controversy around this project

koreans are known for devilish building speed....once they get started that is..

in fact, the burj dubai is being constructed by a korean company, samsung employed by emaar.

imagine how fast they would build in korea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
How can they have this building completed in under 2 years if they haven't even started? They'd have to have a huge work force working roudn the clock to get this project finished if they plan to do so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
sharpie20 said:
How can they have this building completed in under 2 years if they haven't even started? They'd have to have a huge work force working roudn the clock to get this project finished if they plan to do so.
normally, when construction starts, the foundation takes alot of time, but assuming the tower has same or similar floorplates all the way, the construction speed rapidly increases ;)

but then,...at 510m, i doubt itll get finished by 2008
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
6,419 Posts
enjoi said:
Oriolus, there is probably a road on this render, so the building site localization iz correct imo.



Have a look at the render below (from the same direction as the construction photo). It's obvious that the current excavations must be for the lowrise theme park buildings because in the renders they are shown to be immediately abutting the existing road, with Lotte Tower between the lowrise buildings and the river. The new road shown in the renders looks as if the deck extends over the river anyway.

 
41 - 60 of 1669 Posts
Top