SkyscraperCity banner

801 - 820 of 1669 Posts

·
future is today.
1,031 Posts
I think Busan lately have done alot more to develop its skyline compare to seoul,seoul needs to do alot more effort to maintain its title.
Thank you for your reply :)

Seoul has the height limits according to the district to protect the cultural heritages or airforce flight while Busan has much freer of regulations or restrictions.
That's why Seoul has not many tall buildings over 250m.
For example, this central area of Seoul is 150m of height limit to protect UNESCO cultural heritage.

Changgyeong Palace

credits to: blog.paran.com/imck

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I'm so jealous...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I still have to wonder how Lotte is affording and or going to make use of all this construction. Two >500m towers going up at the same time? And I know there's a 267m tower going up in Hanoi, too. Can anyone explain all of this to me?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
It's a very large company
Right, but as far as I know real estate development isn't Lotte's main business, and I can't think of a single company in the world that's going to have its name on so much building. Even Samsung's three headquarter buildings combined are about a third of the combined height of these three buildings, and you know it gets exponentially more expensive to build past 50 stories; Lotte has 295 stories going up between its three major construction projects!

I guess my real question is, who else is investing in these projects? There's a bit of a dearth of information here:eek:hno:.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I still have to wonder how Lotte is affording and or going to make use of all this construction. Two >500m towers going up at the same time? And I know there's a 267m tower going up in Hanoi, too. Can anyone explain all of this to me?
Lotte also plan to build their Lotte town(over 200m buildings) near SAMSUNG Town in Gangnam which is one of most expensive districts in Seoul.

Also, I heard Lotte is counstructing lots of Projects in China and Vietnam.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Right, but as far as I know real estate development isn't Lotte's main business, and I can't think of a single company in the world that's going to have its name on so much building. Even Samsung's three headquarter buildings combined are about a third of the combined height of these three buildings, and you know it gets exponentially more expensive to build past 50 stories; Lotte has 295 stories going up between its three major construction projects!

I guess my real question is, who else is investing in these projects? There's a bit of a dearth of information here:eek:hno:.
One of Lotte's business is the construction company, Lotte engineering & Construction.

Lotte has been doing very stable and profitable business in Korea and Japan.
And they have lots money without debt.
Also, they don't rush.
They are consructing Busan Lotte world 2 while making money at the same time. The tower is the last step of whole plan. That's why they are so slow the main tower construction. :)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I mean, I don't doubt that Lotte is a big company, and I'm not worried about its ability to finance these towers, it just seems like a lot of construction for one company. But, as scalziand pointed out, there are other companies doing the same thing. I guess it's just the way things are now.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I am really glad that they chose the final design they did. It looks so oceanic, somehow, and seeing as Busan is a major global port, I think that's very appropriate. I only wish this were built a bit closer to some of the other skyscrapers in Busan, maybe near Seomyeon, so that the city could have a somewhat denser skyline.

801 - 820 of 1669 Posts