SkyscraperCity banner

1641 - 1660 of 1669 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I think skeptical about resume soon
yes it will be someday but not really soon.

ABOVE NEWS IS JUST another legal process concern land and residence ratio in lotte tower in busan and around

More important point is Now Lotte negotiation with Seoul city to built Very important lotte town in gangnam avenue.(near suchou)

that project not really tall 200m or over 200m tower but massive land size.
It is larger land size compare with SAMSUNG HQ which located very behind site

Lotte want made synergy effect with LWT 555M OF SEOUL nearby.

So simultaneously lotte begin TWO big project when LWT completed?
I don;t know but maybe that is not easy

P.S IT IS JUST MY OPINIONS. BUT SECOND THOUGH LOTTE CAN PUSH BUSAN PROJECT.
CAUSE LWT ALMOST COMPLETED
AND PEOPLE EXPECTING ANOTHER HUGE ONE
SO WHY NOT SOON?

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
IN SHORT
imo
Lotte begining New massive project in seoul first
which means Lotte to built lotte town in gangnam avenue where behind SAMSUNG HQ

and waiting and studying and monitoring about Haeundae triple over 100fl tower's process.

And when Haeundae project com and lotte town gangnam seoul project com
then after they resume BUSAN project

And second scenario
They beginning two project in seoul and busan simultaneously

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
IN SHORT
imo
Lotte begining New massive project in seoul first
which means Lotte to built lotte town in gangnam avenue where behind SAMSUNG HQ

and waiting and studying and monitoring about Haeundae triple over 100fl tower's process.

And when Haeundae project com and lotte town gangnam seoul project com
then after they resume BUSAN project

And second scenario
They beginning two project in seoul and busan simultaneously
Lotte can easily start 2 project at once. They should focus on the project in Busan first.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Lotte can easily start 2 project at once. They should focus on the project in Busan first.
THAT IS GOOD scenario!:)

Reactions: Victoria123

·
South Korea
148 Posts
Apparently, Lotte intends to resume construction of the building in September 2018.

As it's been mentioned before, they're working on changing the floor use of the building to a more residential one.

So the final building may have a slightly different look.

http://land.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2017071758601
Thanks for this info. I've always liked this project, especially in that location.

Haven't been to Busan in a few years but will try to visit again.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Apparently, Lotte intends to resume construction of the building in September 2018.

As it's been mentioned before, they're working on changing the floor use of the building to a more residential one.

So the final building may have a slightly different look.

Floor use comparison for the Lotte World Towers in Seoul and Busan:

Podium: 1–14 (Seoul); 1–12 (Busan)
Offices: 14–36 (Seoul); 14–36 (Busan)
Residential: 42–71 (Seoul); 41–78 (Busan)
Hotel: 76–101(Seoul); 82–104 (Busan)
Observation Deck: 117–123 (Seoul); 107–110 (Busan)

Kimahrikku1: Does the new floor-use plan you're talking about mean either the offices or hotel in the Busan Lotte Tower will be scrapped? I mean, why should the floor-use plan for this tower be changed like that? If I had to choose which uses I'd scrap from the tower, I would scrap the offices an keep the hotel.

Plus, I was thinking now that the Lotte Tower in Seoul has been completed and opened, this would be the right time to re-start construction of the Lotte Tower in Busan.

·
8,971 Posts
Floor use comparison for the Lotte World Towers in Seoul and Busan:

Podium: 1–14 (Seoul); 1–12 (Busan)
Offices: 14–36 (Seoul); 14–36 (Busan)
Residential: 42–71 (Seoul); 41–78 (Busan)
Hotel: 76–101(Seoul); 82–104 (Busan)
Observation Deck: 117–123 (Seoul); 107–110 (Busan)

Kimahrikku1: Does the new floor-use plan you're talking about mean either the offices or hotel in the Busan Lotte Tower will be scrapped? I mean, why should the floor-use plan for this tower be changed like that? If I had to choose which uses I'd scrap from the tower, I would scrap the offices an keep the hotel.

Plus, I was thinking now that the Lotte Tower in Seoul has been completed and opened, this would be the right time to re-start construction of the Lotte Tower in Busan.

I don't have an exact answer for that.

On the articles I've seen, the current floor plan is to have:
- Observatory: 4 floors
- Condominium: 44 floors
- Hotel: 19 floors
- Office: 13 floors
- Mechanical floors/others: 9 floors

For some reasons, it doesn't add up to 107. I didn't follow the project when it was drawn up more than 10 years ago, so I don't really know.

Apparently, what they want to do know is turn the Hotel, Condominium and Office floors into apartments. Apparently the biggest reason for this change is the hotel. The hotel supply has grown tremendously in Busan, and they have doubts about the profitability of the hotel, which is why they want to switch to residential.

The reason they can't start construction right now is that according to the agreement they had with Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Office in 2008, they can't change the land usage for ten years, so that means that they will be able to do so starting from this year.

Of course, they will have to check the viability of the project, and the change of plans will probably require some additional approval, but that's where we're sitting right now.

http://biz.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/08/07/2017080702266.html

·
8,971 Posts
There have been multiple press releases yesterday and today regarding the project and Lotte's new attempt to have the floor plan changed. Once again, such change can only be effected after September of this year, but they're making preparations for it. It is a complex issue, and there is some strong opposition from other parties, but this project is very much alive, and a hot issue.

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2018/02/06/0200000000AKR20180206053251051.HTML?input=1195m

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2018/02/07/0200000000AKR20180207079600051.HTML?input=1195m

·
8,971 Posts
This new development has been all over the local press today. Here is just one of the many articles about it.

The information shared above is correct. This is the new render, and the height has been decreased to 380 meters.

It will be an observation tower, rather than an actual skyscraper.

The tower project was announced today by Busan City, and its main feature will be the "aerial arboretum", located between 220m and 300m. The cost of the project will be nearly USD 450 million.

The tower will be divided in 3 sections. The lower one will have 12 floors and rise to 71 meters, and include a theme park for kids, retail space, and an innovation support center, as well as an aquarium underground.

The thin mid section will have a rock climbing facility, a playground and a skydeck.

Finally, the upper section, which will start at 220m, will of course feature the arboretum, as well as a book café, a gallery, an observation desk, and a restaurant, and some more.

Now for the question nobody asked: what do I think about this? Well, I think overall it's good news. On one side, the tower we expected is gone, and replaced by a significantly shorter tower, which will probably not qualify for a skyscraper.

On the other hand, this project has been delayed forever, and on hold for almost 10 years (it's been underway since 2000!). There had been significant issues regarding the land use, and it would have been difficult to change the plans of the building to have something which makes sense financially for Lotte, but which can be approved by the city has well.

The great news about this new project is that it is supposed to start construction this October, according to today's announcement, for a completion in 2023. In addition, the final renders are quite interesting. There are many skyscrapers over 400 meters in the world, and the previous tower would have been just "one of many" supertall skyscrapers. With this new tower design, the chance of it being unique and a true landmark are probably actually higher.

I don't really know how it will turn out, but this will certainly be interesting.

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/ht...e=naver&utm_medium=original&utm_campaign=news

More renders:

https://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?oid=029&aid=0002505388

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
It certainly is unique looking, but from an aesthetic perspective, it looks quite unbalanced, and I'm not sure how much I like the idea of building a purely non-functional tower for the sake--it would seem--of saving face over a project which was somewhat ill-conceived in the first place. It never made sense that Lotte would have two >500m skyscrapers to its name, and the location of this tower in Busan, away from the scalding-hot Haeundae market, seemed odd, too.

This new design my synergize quite well with all the Busan Harbor developments I'm still finding it hard to think that the previous design is a goner. Little sense though it made to have it here, it was easily among my favorite skyscraper designs, so elegant, simple, clean, well-proportioned, and oceanic.

·
Registered
545 Posts
wow. thats aweful. really, really aweful. that pyramid cluster**** monstrosity in pyongyang looks like a turn of the century beaux-arts masterpiece next to this.

this thing looks like an elephant turd on a stick dipped into a bucket of sky-blue paint. honestly, this is about the worst design for any building ive ever seen. anywhere. it actually made me chuckle.

and then it genuinely made me feel bad for the citizens of Busan, knowing that theyd have to look at it every day if the idiots in charge built it. id hate to know that i live in a city whose premier landmark is a 380m tall shitstick. yikes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
the height decreased, but it is still a supertall
it is better a sparrow on the hand than a pigeon on the roof :grass:
This thing is a turd. Its not better than anything. Even a hole in the ground looks less unsightly. The fact that its a supertall is a bad thing, not a good thing.

1641 - 1660 of 1669 Posts