SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
know I was just on the Chicago thread and they werent talking about the busiest intersection

·
6,890 Posts
Yeah, I think Pratt and Calvert has to be the busiest. Pratt and Market Pl. where Lockwood, Power Plant and Power Plant Live come together can get pretty busy too. Charles and 34th St. near JHU sees pretty steady foot traffic throughout the day.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Yeah, I think Pratt and Calvert has to be the busiest. Pratt and Market Pl. where Lockwood, Power Plant and Power Plant Live come together can get pretty busy too. Charles and 34th St. near JHU sees pretty steady foot traffic throughout the day.
My experience has been that Charles and 34th has the distinction of having the largest number of people with the highest level of education that can't figure out a traffic signal.

Aside from that, the triangle between Pratt, Light and South Calvert St has to be it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Are they still going to take out all of the second-level skywalks around the harbor?
What the heck?Are they really going to consider doing this? I mean..whats the point?I Like the skywalks. Or are you just joking around?

·
Registered
416 Posts
What the heck?Are they really going to consider doing this? I mean..whats the point?I Like the skywalks. Or are you just joking around?
the pratt street competition plans all looked at taking down the pedestrian bridges. the idea was that by making pratt street safer to cross (medians/islands, etc., that it'd be safer.

the EDSA Team plan kept the bridge from the Gallery/Renaissance to the Pratt Street Pavilion, but proposed that it become a grander element. See the below sketch (which shows the transit lane and extra blvds):

not sure how the ASG plan is coming along, though i know that pratt street is remaining one way, so i'd imagine the solution will end up looking something like this...

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I thought the deal was that when Pratt Street was redesigned, they would replace the skywalks with crosswalks. I'm hoping that isn't true. I don't care how many medians there are, people WILL get hit. And I still don't see where all of this room along Pratt is going to come for a wider road with wider walks. :bash:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I thought the deal was that when Pratt Street was redesigned, they would replace the skywalks with crosswalks. I'm hoping that isn't true. I don't care how many medians there are, people WILL get hit. And I still don't see where all of this room along Pratt is going to come for a wider road with wider walks. :bash:
the room is coming from two places: the lane behind the orange tube railing and the bermed planting areas. there is a TON of room on pratt street from the legg mason tower to te candler building at market place. i looked at it for months. we had enough room for a transit lane, median, 4 lanes of traffic, another median and a two lane service street that could have gone westbound. see the sketch below, which shows the area in front of the gallery:

if you can't see the pics, check out my site:
http://folsomfanatic.blogspot.com/
http://folsomfanatic.blogspot.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts