·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eko Energy Estate

Name: Eko Energy Estate
Use: Masterplan
Architects: MZ Architects

Eko Atlantic City and Eko Energy Estate are evolving rapidly from visionary design concepts into reality; by March 2012 well over 3 million square metres of land has been reclaimed and is ready for development; Eko energy Estate should start urbanization of the land by beginning of 2013.
CWC Logistics

Reactions: dave cejo

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
5,870 Posts
Lagos is now separating itself from every other city not just in Nigeria but in Africa.

·
Registered
632 Posts
wow, pretty nice. I think this year we will finally be seeing the major construction work we have all be clamoring for.

I was reading that the Eko Pearl Tower project was supposed to be completed near end of this year.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lagos is now separating itself from every other city not just in Nigeria but in Africa.
It's awesome how Lagos is developing but sad at the same time that other Governors are not following suit, If i was a governor i will openly challenge Lagoses dominance. Other Governors should treat this as a race, if they do then Nigeria will develop in a matter of a few decades.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's awesome how Lagos is developing but sad at the same time that other Governors are not following suit, If i was a governor i will openly challenge Lagoses' dominance. Other Governors should treat this as a race, if they do then Nigeria will develop in a matter of a few decades.
I think the other states are focusing (for now) on basic infrastructure - roads, bridges, schools, clinics and hospitals etc. Hardly glamorous but essential. Lagos pretty much has those under wraps already, so can move on to bigger things.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
^^ couldn't have said it better.

There are states that are trying, but they don't have the energy, industry, and scale of work that Lagos has. There are things that can be done to bring Kano, and PH alive to this level but it'll take years.

If there was a train from Kano to Algeria it would become a land port and connection between europe/the middle east and west africa, as it was in the past, and if PH was a deep sea port it would be the link between southern african/far east asia and west africa

Lagos is where it's at because it's the closest in promixity to the US and Europe (the atlantic) and for Lagos to develop further, pressure needs to be taken off of it because it's doing more than it should and it's hard to manage that level of demand and energy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think the other states are focusing (for now) on basic infrastructure - roads, bridges, schools, clinics and hospitals etc. Hardly glamorous but essential. Lagos pretty much has those under wraps already, so can move on to bigger things.
Really? Lagos has schools, clinics and hospitals under wraps. I dont think any state in NIgeria is self sufficient in those basic things yet. Not even roads. We still have decrepit roads in Lagos, still no water in most lagos homes, still no good schools, still have quack medical practitioners in Lagos with no regulated medical care, case in point, an orthopedic surgeon who went to Lagos for a medical mission trip about 2 years back had a heart attack and died in Lagos due to lack of infrastructure. etc. etc. Lagos and some other states in Nigeria are developing but not where they need to be yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Being a lurker on this forum for years...my observation is that most projects (public or private) seem to be only restricted to Ikeja, Victoria Island or Ikoyi axis. Schemes in other parts of Lagos are usually often far and between.

Whilst development may be coming thick and fast, its looking like only a drop in the ocean so far.

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
5,870 Posts
Welcome BlackBaron, Glad to see more people are posting on this forum

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Really? Lagos has schools, clinics and hospitals under wraps. I dont think any state in NIgeria is self sufficient in those basic things yet. Not even roads. We still have decrepit roads in Lagos, still no water in most lagos homes, still no good schools, still have quack medical practitioners in Lagos with no regulated medical care, case in point, an orthopedic surgeon who went to Lagos for a medical mission trip about 2 years back had a heart attack and died in Lagos due to lack of infrastructure. etc. etc. Lagos and some other states in Nigeria are developing but not where they need to be yet.
There's a difference between "no" and "not enough".

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As we have seen in the new map. The Eko Energy Estate is its own district and is not considered part of the Business District.

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
The new dredger Congo river is living up to the hype.
Does anyone know if the Chinese dredger is still there?
Making two dredgers working at a time!!!
:cheers:

·
Registered
632 Posts
The new dredger Congo river is living up to the hype.
Does anyone know if the Chinese dredger is still there?
Making two dredgers working at a time!!!
:cheers:
I think they stopped using the chinese company a few years back and contracted instead with the Belgian company called Dredging International which later built the dredger Congo River to replace the ones they were previously using for the project

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 167 Posts