SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
^^
You need to re-size that picture. Its actually hard to make out any buildings from that close.

·
BrizGreek18
1,125 Posts
Some of Brisbane's Inner West Business Districts
Toowong (5km)
by Glashenka of Flickr

From Wikipedia

Indooroopilly (7km)

By Ted Percival of Flickr in 2004

by Leonard John Matthews of Flickr in 2007

·
derp
10,274 Posts

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Photo – www.abovephotography.com.au

Here is an old picture of Upper Mt Gravatt. There are a few new highrises there now especially along Sanders Street where several have gone up in the last year or so.

·
derp
10,274 Posts
^ JayT shows the kiddies how it's done.

I hate Upper Mt Gravatt - the busway is so poorly integrated with the rest of the suburb. good luck navigating your way to Logan Rd from the busway after hours

·
WARREN
8,175 Posts
Post pics of town centers/CBD's in the suburbs.
Box hill Melbourne
For those who don't want a massively oversized image:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Box_Hill_From_Doncaster_Hill.JPG

Box Hill doesn't look particularly impressive from above, heck you can hardly see it from far away. What's the tallest building? 6 or 7 levels? Seems much better at street level. There's more to make Doncaster Hill, which isn't much of a commercial centre at all, stand out from a distance, mainly for geographic reasons (it's on top of a hill).

I assume the O.P. was just trying to embarrass Melbourne's East by doing a mega-image :eek:hno:, note his location. Unlike the O.P., L2 is fair and equal - note where my palace is before accusing my above comment of having a bias :cheers: ;)

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh L2, that O.P (Other Person- being me of course) was not trying to embarras the east mkay, funnily enough how did i know you were going to be a smart arse when i saw your name as the last person to post. And as for the "note his location", where my location is there is actually its own new booming town center and bussiness district. =)

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Argh !!

Try typing "Dandenong skyline" into Flickr search engine and all you come up with is pictures of Melbourne from a distance - taken from the Dandenongs. Not that thats a bad thing but I wanna see Dandenong the suburb.

j

·
WARREN
8,175 Posts
And as for the "note his location", where my location is there is actually its own new booming town center and bussiness district. =)
I've been to CS Square a couple of years ago and it didn't seem that impressive. What I saw was:

- a man-made lake
- a shopping centre with a supermarket, a few other shops and a big car park
- some low-rise office buildings, maybe 2 or 3 levels on the main "boulevard". I ate at Subway in the ground floor of one.
- some bogan school across the road, and a lame looking private school (prestigious? haha, umm not in the outer west!)

Oh, and public transport? Umm what's that, if you live in CS you have a car. Soo impressive. Yes, I much prefer it over here in Eastern Melbourne :yes:

JayT said:
Try typing "Dandenong skyline" into Flickr search engine and all you come up with is pictures of Melbourne from a distance - taken from the Dandenongs. Not that thats a bad thing but I wanna see Dandenong the suburb.
Here you go - this is about the only thing there visible from more than 500 metres away. It's in a flat plain so no good viewpoints although curious what Monash Clayton's view would be.

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I've been to CS Square a couple of years ago and it didn't seem that impressive. What I saw was:

- a man-made lake
- a shopping centre with a supermarket, a few other shops and a big car park
- some low-rise office buildings, maybe 2 or 3 levels on the main "boulevard". I ate at Subway in the ground floor of one.
- some bogan school across the road, and a lame looking private school (prestigious? haha, umm not in the outer west!)

Oh, and public transport? Umm what's that, if you live in CS you have a car. Soo impressive. Yes, I much prefer it over here in Eastern Melbourne :yes:
You went a couple of years ago, when Caroline springs town center was just getting started, come now and you will notice it has changed alot, including a new 5 star hotel on lake Caroline nearing completion. No public trnsport system? There are many bus routes, and the Sydenham line is 5 minutes down the road. Bogan school? Please, dont make me laugh.The bogans in the west are situated in Melton itself and Footscray. If anything, the east has more bogans (due to higher English/Scotish backgrounds) Oh and does the city of Casey ring a bell, now that is uncontrolable sprawl populated with over 70% bogans.

Anyway heres some pics of Frankston

·
WARREN
8,175 Posts
Jardoga said:
You went a couple of years ago, when Caroline springs town center was just getting started, come now and you will notice it has changed alot, including a new 5 star hotel on lake Caroline nearing completion.
Don't you have a mobile phone? Most people do these days.. and obviously if you are cool :eek:hno: you'll have a camera fone. Go take some photos of the place and post them here. Then I might change my mind.

Jardoga said:
Bogan school? Please, dont make me laugh.
Why isn't it bogan? I don't really know but I'd imagine they'd be full of kids who just loiter around at shops and play on skateboards when they're not in class.

Jardoga said:
The bogans in the west are situated in Melton itself, Sunshine and Footscray. If anything, the east has more bogans (due to more English/scotish backgrounds. Oh and does the city of Casey ring a bell?
Why you diss Footscray man? I wouldn't mind living there.. nice vibrant neighbourhood, seems cooler than the post-millennium built sprawl suburbs :yes:

Not everybody in Footscray likes LOOK AT THAT SICK VL COMMODORE DOING A BURNOUT MAN SO SICK, it's a minority.

I don't live anywhere near the City of Casey (I've said which LGA I hail from before), and I've never tried to defend the outer south east/outer east as being bogan free.. a trip there will find plenty of them, heck Corey Worthington is from Nazza :eek:hno:

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why isn't it bogan? I don't really know but I'd imagine they'd be full of kids who just loiter around at shops and play on skateboards when they're not in class.
Obviously kids go hang out at the shopping centers on weekends, and the skater **** skate around. Doesnt make it bogan, its the same for every kid around the whole country.

Why you diss Footscray man? I wouldn't mind living there.. nice vibrant neighbourhood, seems cooler than the post-millennium built sprawl suburbs :yes:
Im not dissing it, its very trendy and i do like it, but i was just making a point.

Anyway heres a pic of Sunshine

1 - 20 of 35 Posts