Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sarajevo by night is empty. It's riddiculeous. I remember walking along Ferhadija at just 12:30 and there was nobody there. I took a nice night time picture of Ferhadija with absolutely nobody on it.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
L3D3NI said:
Sarajevo by night is empty. It's riddiculeous. I remember walking along Ferhadija at just 12:30 and there was nobody there. I took a nice night time picture of Ferhadija with absolutely nobody on it.
It all really depends. I find that the population is too lazy or just has work to do during the week days. On the weekend however, there are quite a few people out. Many walking up and down Ferhadija, socializing, messing around, and debating about random things. :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ "'Round about midnight, Sarajevo goes to sleep..."

I don't mind it. A lot of clubs stay open, and I just love the contrast. Leaving a pouding club, going outside for a cigarette and a walk along the river. You can hear so far, it's amazing. Hear lovers fighting several blocks away, hear a car along a road in Kosevsko Brdo, hear music playing from apartments...I don't know what it is. It makes me nervous sometimes, just war memories I suppose. I don't like empty streets, I just feel like I've missed some sign of stumbled somewhere into the open. But other times I really love it. :) Just depends on my mood, and how much I've had to drink. :D

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
ĐaMila said:
^ "'Round about midnight, Sarajevo goes to sleep..."

I don't mind it. A lot of clubs stay open, and I just love the contrast. Leaving a pouding club, going outside for a cigarette and a walk along the river. You can hear so far, it's amazing. Hear lovers fighting several blocks away, hear a car along a road in Kosevsko Brdo, hear music playing from apartments...I don't know what it is. It makes me nervous sometimes, just war memories I suppose. I don't like empty streets, I just feel like I've missed some sign of stumbled somewhere into the open. But other times I really love it. :) Just depends on my mood, and how much I've had to drink. :D

I remember one night, I was just walking in random places of Sarajevo with my cousin Emir, and we got back at about 1:30 A.M. I didn't really realize it was so late, and apparently neither did the people outside. I could have sworn there were groups of teenagers just hanging around.
Seems everyone forgot their watch that day. :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts