1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CADBURY LEAVING MELBOURNE FOR SINGAPORE
By Erica Tay
Thursday 12 May 2005

Cadbury Schweppes, one of the world's largest confectionery and drinks companies, has moved its Asia-Pacific headquarters to Singapore from Melbourne.

The maker of Dr Pepper soft drinks, Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolates and Halls sweets relocated the nerve centre of its regional operations here to be nearer its Asian market, which has grown four-fold in the last two years.

Singapore will be the Asia-Pacific centre for functions such as finance and information technology, supply chain, and science and technology.

The Melbourne office will be down sized or possibly relocated to smaller suburban premises. The Sydney office is being expanded to take on much of the Australian operations.

Last year, the Asia-Pacific region had a turnover of more than S$3.12 billion, 16 per cent of global sales.

In recent years, six multinational corporations have moved their regional headquarters from Australia to Singapore, including Ipco, GD Express and Leisure Allied Industries.

Mr Todd Stitzer, the London-based chief executive officer of Cadbury Schweppes, officiated at the opening of the Singapore regional headquarters. He highlighted the business-friendly environment in Singapore as a reason for relocating the office here.

The Minister of State for Trade and Industry and National Development, Mr Heng Chee How, presented Cadbury Schweppes with the Economic Development Board's International Headquarter status.

·
PTnut
588 Posts
Aren't they owned by Pepsico?

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I'm not joking when I say I ate 240 family blocks in just 10 months!!!
I kept the wrappers because there was a competition which I ended up not entering anyway - LOL.

Yes I am a chocoholic.

I last ate chocolate just 5 minutes ago - Tim Tam.

jt

·
D grade celebrity
1,195 Posts
PepsiCo owns YUM Brands, ie KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut etc.

Cadbury Schweppes has the license to bottle PepsiCo drinks in Oz

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,974 Posts
240 blocks in 10 months that must of not done you much good

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Oh, that is sad. I loved the logo at St Kilda Junction.

If you are ever in Hobart, you must go on a tour of the factory. Its amazing!!!! Yummmm

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
JayT said:
I'm not joking when I say I ate 240 family blocks in just 10 months!!!
I kept the wrappers because there was a competition which I ended up not entering anyway - LOL.

Yes I am a chocoholic.

I last ate chocolate just 5 minutes ago - Tim Tam.

jt
OMG obsessed kook!! :nuts: :weird:

Anyway, great for Sinagpore and Sydney, sux for Melbourne. :down:

Just goes to show our governements aren't giving enough incentive for companies to stay, even though we could argue that coproations are getting away with a lot already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts