Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok if that wasn't a sign I do not know what is for the departure of the Sonics. :(

Oh well I guess it's good that Baseball is my favorite sport. :bash:

·
Registered
880 Posts
What???

Please explain??

The Sonics are in the process of trying to re-invent themselves...they are trying new things.....when you have a team in as much turmoil as they are you have to try new things and bring in new blood....I won't be losing any sleep over ray's departure....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I agree with BellevueBoss, a lot of the fairweather fans who can't name any player other than Ray Allen are giving up but these moves help the team and will hopefully generate some momentum heading into the season. I personally am more excited about this team than I've been since the GP and Kemp days.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Ok if that wasn't a sign I do not know what is for the departure of the Sonics. :(

Oh well I guess it's good that Baseball is my favorite sport. :bash:
Your thread title sucks, the Sonics will stay if people don't give up. BTW, it was a great trade for Seattle, if you care about winning championships. WTF is Boston thinking? We get Delonte West too? What a great trade.

Now call the gov., your state reps. and help save the Sonics!

1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thread title does suck and so does the lingering questions about the franchise. It's something we have almost have to be ready to deal with.

I'm not the only one that suspects this move to be diabolical in nature so does Bob Hill :

"It's obvious what they're trying to do," Hill said. "This was not a basketball move, this was a money decision. They wanted to get rid of Ray, get younger and get ready to move to Oklahoma next year.

"This had nothing to do about getting better or about Ray. This was a business deal."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/321812_allen29.html

:bash:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Please don't ever quote Bob Hill while trying to prove a point. Anyone who's followed the team for the past year and a half will surely know that nothing that bumbling self promoting has-been says carries any credibility. If you guys read any of the draft analyses from the major sports sites, the majority of the experts are praising the Sonics for their bold moves.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I dont feel any remorse over ray being gone, our team plain sucked even with him on it. With these new moves it is the start of something new and a nice foundation to build upon. Its going to be fun to watch Durant grow.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If anything this should bring more excitement. This team has changed dramatically in one day and got younger while freeing up money to do what they wish for it.

It isn't the team's fault that Seattle could care less about its most storied franchise.

·
Nerd Fest '08
277 Posts
Well i honestly cant feel excited because a team with a million forwards isnt going to do anything.

·
Nerd Fest '08
277 Posts
its the fact that they traded an all star shooting guard for players we absolutly didnt need. lewis, durant and greene cant all expect to get a good amount of minutes. after the other two, greene is gonna end just being dead weight, unless they trade him. that being the case why couldnt they just keep ray?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts