Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
187,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cabinda

Cabinda ou Tchiowa (o nome local da cidade) é uma cidade e município de Angola, capital administrativa da província de Cabinda. Tem 1 823 km² e cerca de 186 mil habitantes. É limitado a Norte pelo município do Cacongo, a Este e Sul pela República Democrática do Congo, e a Oeste pelo Oceano Atlântico.

Cabinda or Tchiowa, as it is called by the Cabindans, is a city that is located in the Cabinda province, an exclave of Angola. Angolan sovereignty over Cabinda is disputed by the Republic of Cabinda. The municipality of Cabinda contained 185,924 inhabitants in 2006.

The city was originally founded by the Portuguese around the port for the purposes of slave trade.

There are considerable offshore oil reserves nearby.

(wikipedia)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Airport of Cabinda

The monument where the treaty with the Portuguese for Cabinda to become a protectorate was signed

Hotel Maiombe in Cabinda City

·
Registered
343 Posts
The problem is that the want a independent from angola im so scarried that the war wil come back! there in cabinda are many rebels

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
The problem is that the want a independent from angola im so scarried that the war wil come back! there in cabinda are many rebels
I don't think they will get independence even if they keep fighting for it. Angola will not let them. there is too much oil in there and Angola can't afford to loose it.

Secondly the population is too small to have a serius rebelion. All Angola got to do is build houses for everyone in Kabinda.

i'm predicting that Kabinda will never be independent not as long as oil is a valuable ressource.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I hope so
but the problem is that the MPLA only build things for there one people the rest (POOR) people can dy in there eyes

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
I hope so
but the problem is that the MPLA only build things for there one people the rest (POOR) people can dy in there eyes
I know and that's sad.

Kabinda deserves more delelipement than other provinces. Because they produce more oil than the rest of the country.

But independence ? no way , no way. They better forget about it , because they won't find it.

·
Be Your Self
812 Posts
In this six years of peace Cabinda is the province that received more investment from the state in all areas(health, Education, infrastructure, industry, etc). I dont know way this ppl complain. Provinces there are that suffer more from the war that didnt received 25% of the investment that was forward to Cabinda. And By the way today much of the oil produce is coming from the Zaire province shore. Cabinda still have some importance on that but every year that importance is reducing. Provinces like Cuando Cubango, Cunene, Moxico, Huambo, Uige etc need more atention than Cabinda. Cabinda is just oil but the rest of the country feed them with food, domestic goods, and import goods. They don like even to work on farmlands, they just wana have power becausde of the oil. Thats way the rebelians. Much of the oil men force work in Cabinda. Only that gives a lot of jobs and power purchase to the natives. Ofcorse they need other thing, but sometimes Cabindas are fanatic ppl. Zaire province produces also a lot of oil and gas in offshore but they dont receive to much investment like the Cabinda do. So my opinion, Cabinda ppl should look forward and stop complain about everything. If ppl wasent happy they would voted for MPLA again.:cheers:

·
Registered
40,884 Posts
In this six years of peace Cabinda is the province that received more investment from the state in all areas(health, Education, infrastructure, industry, etc). I dont know way this ppl complain. Provinces there are that suffer more from the war that didnt received 25% of the investment that was forward to Cabinda. And By the way today much of the oil produce is coming from the Zaire province shore. Cabinda still have some importance on that but every year that importance is reducing. Provinces like Cuando Cubango, Cunene, Moxico, Huambo, Uige etc need more atention than Cabinda. Cabinda is just oil but the rest of the country feed them with food, domestic goods, and import goods. They don like even to work on farmlands, they just wana have power becausde of the oil. Thats way the rebelians. Much of the oil men force work in Cabinda. Only that gives a lot of jobs and power purchase to the natives. Ofcorse they need other thing, but sometimes Cabindas are fanatic ppl. Zaire province produces also a lot of oil and gas in offshore but they dont receive to much investment like the Cabinda do. So my opinion, Cabinda ppl should look forward and stop complain about everything. If ppl wasent happy they would voted for MPLA again.:cheers:

Don´t get me wrong but wouldn´t it be better for Angola if Cabinda became an independent country, they have a very strong identity that differs from Angolan identity ...and I visited webpages where Cabindans dislike Angolans and to my astonishment even hate Angolans. They openly declared it on the website and not in Portuguese but French language. ...but I don´t know if this is representative...Angola would be better off 8for potential future conflict) without Cabinda, but please don´t misunderstand me now.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
what a senseless statement matt, the most cabinda people don't think so, as a proof , is the presence of angolans from other parts of the country who go there and nothing wrong happens to them and we also have cabindans in luanda and across the country,the biggest problem are the politicians from both sides, politic :eek:hno:...
i know many cabindans as here in belgium as in angola and we don't have any problems each other.as to their complaints, i can understand them very well, because it is not acceptable to have so much oil in their province and being so miserable, but, it is a nationwide concern, all of us suffer anyway around.and about the history, i don't know very much about it, but i know few versions and they might or not be true about cabinda being or no a part of angola.if it is not, the time will tell and cabinda will belong to them, give to cesar what belongs to him and to God what belongs to Him, i don't have anything against;i have always talked to them about it and my points of view about this issue

1 - 20 of 102 Posts