SkyscraperCity banner

1081 - 1083 of 1083 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well between the CBD being CASA limited to 45 meters so some A320 doesn't plow into a building and the Council on the North side i guess we will end up like Barcelona, not a bad thing though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well between the CBD being CASA limited to 45 meters so some A320 doesn't plow into a building and the Council on the North side i guess we will end up like Barcelona, not a bad thing though.
In a perfect world. I'd say the airport needs to be further south (between Bentley Park and Wrights Creek). The Bruce highway would have the appropriate infrastructure to support an airport (Which is a problem with the current airport) and with the airport being south of the city, it would in turn, increase potential building height and open up a large parcel of land for housing (the current location of the airport) IFR 2.PNG IFR 1.PNG

·
Registered
560 Posts
I made a mock-up somewhere of the current airport moved to East Trinity where the runway faces out to sea and down the valley. It would fit easily.
You then have a tunnel under the inlet and the Airport can actually be closer to the CBD but the height could increase in the City due to the runway direction.

However there is zero chance the Airport is ever going to move!

1081 - 1083 of 1083 Posts