SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
nice pics.... I think Cairo is a amazing city, but ofcourse every city does have its slums and dark side ( the pics in the other thread)

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
nice pics.... I think Cairo is a amazing city, but ofcourse every city does have its slums and dark side ( the pics in the other thread)
All cities has there good and dark side. I love Cairo for its historic culture. It's a beautiful city!

·
415 Posts
About your title- when I was in Cairo I wondered when people slept because it seems like never, lol. There are many many incredibly beautiful things to visit but I was shocked at how dirty the city is. And chaotic. The traffic jams are a nightmare.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About your title- when I was in Cairo I wondered when people slept because it seems like never, lol. There are many many incredibly beautiful things to visit but I was shocked at how dirty the city is. And chaotic. The traffic jams are a nightmare.
Sure. These problems are Cairo's worst, but the city has wonderful lots to offer. And as you said, 2 midday is almost as 2 midnight: people in the streets, shops open and all are awake! lol

·
415 Posts
Yeah, Cairo does have so much to offer but by the end of my stay I was as exhausted from the trafffic as I was from walking & visiting. Cairo is definitely a must see city. Personally, what I thought was the biggest problem though was the harrassment. :nuts:

·
415 Posts
Thanks; I'm new here and haven't had the time to check out all of the forums yet. I'm definitely looking forward to my next trip to Egypt. I just hope that I don't get harrassed as much in the future.

·
38,931 Posts
** Cairo Gallery (القـــاهـــرة) **

Cairo Egypt

Cairo (Arabic: القاهرة transliteration: Al-Qāhirah), which means "The Vanquisher" or "The Triumphant", is the capital city of Egypt. While Al-Qahirah is the official name of the city, in Egyptian Arabic it is typically called simply by the name of the country, Masr (مصر, Egypt). It has a metropolitan area population of officially about 16.1 million people. Cairo is the seventh most populous metropolitan area in the world. It is also the most populous metropolitan area in Africa.

·
Explore
2,848 Posts
I love Cairo. It's such a huge facinating place and one of the world's few truly 24 hour cities.

1 - 20 of 649 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.