SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spiraling Triple Towered Eco Skyscraper for Cairo

Cairo deserves an eco-skyscraper just as much as any other city and they couldn’t ask for much more than this spiraling eco tower, designed by Mohamed Abdel-Aziz. Called Space-Scraper, the eye-catching mixed-use development is composed of three twisting towers – one each for office, hotel and residential space, and a “geo-sphere” health center sits perched at the top. Powered by solar panels and wind turbines, the skyscraper has optimized views of the adjacent Nile River and the nearby pyramids.

The eco tower is supported by a wide ground floor podium, which contains seven floors of commercial space and includes restaurants, cinemas, and retail areas. Then three towers of varying heights spiral towards the sky and cradle a sphere which contains a health center with a spa, swimming pools and other fitness areas. The tallest of the towers contains office space, the medium has residential and the shortest has the hotel.

Located directly on the banks of the Nile River, in the Maadi neighborhood located in the southern part of Cairo, Space-Scraper was designed to take advantage of all the many nearby attractions, like the river, the pyramids and Cairo, which is not too far away. The tower’s design was optimized to take in the views of the nearby attractions as well as to withstand the desert winds. Sustainable strategies include the use of water recollection systems, as well as building integrated solar panels and wind turbines.

Read more: The Space-Scraper Eco Tower For Cairo | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Pics of the beauty:

:banana:

But im dying to know what the heigh/number of floors is! The website doesnt mention it unforutnately.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
I am still not liking the design. but I can't wait to know it's hight. I hope it's something like 200+ not too high not too short just to fit in with the buildings in the area :D

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
O_O WOW, with the antena, that could be 400m!!!!

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
:lol: well I tried, 3eneya za3'lelet :lol:

I counted the smallest tower called hotel tower the one on the right, and I got 79/80 so I doubt that the whole thing is 88, more like 100fl :D

Imagine if it is, OMG a 500/600M tower in Egypt O_O

I will try and count again.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Well I counted the smallest tower again and I got 91fl, LOL if I count it again it's gonna be 1,000,000fl LOL. I will try and count the tallest tower. damn it's really hard.

edit: no I can't it's VERY VERY tiny, I doubt it could be accurate only the bold lines would be accurate.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Mesh ledaragady ya3ny :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
it looks like a hand catching a ball
wow, it look awesome, it look more as a sculpture in a roundabout, but a huge one, it's so beautifull!
congrads!
It s an amazing tower!!
I hope they will start with the constructions soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this tower get's built, it'll be the best tower in africa :)
thaaaank You sooo much for your Appreciation ,,, hope to be constructed some day

·
23,092 Posts
Apparently this tower will be 500 m/1,640 ft and will be the tallest structure in Africa if it get's built. :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Egypt#Tallest_under_construction (not sure if his is a reliable source though)

Amazing. :cheers1:

:lol: well I tried, 3eneya za3'lelet :lol:

I counted the smallest tower called hotel tower the one on the right, and I got 79/80 so I doubt that the whole thing is 88, more like 100fl :D

Imagine if it is, OMG a 500/600M tower in Egypt O_O

I will try and count again.
Damn you Abdo, you just made me sad. It's probably someone from SSC that wrote that on Wikipedia. :cry:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts