Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First hi everyone and i do apologise if someone already have made a topic one this project before, i just was surfing the internet i passed with this project from Zaha Hadid, i don't know if it Approved or not, but am going to search around and find out :d

NILE TOWER

Program:
Hotel and apartment tower

CLIENT:
Living in Interiors

SIZE:
140.000 m²

DESIGN STRATEGY:
The new Nile Tower is designed as a gracious volume that elegantly borders the Nile River in the heart of Cairo.

The main structural elements of this 70 storey hotel and apartment tower are concrete fin walls that rotate gently over the full height of the tower. The gradual rotation of the fin walls generates a wide selection of orientations for the hotel rooms and apartments. These fin walls are reflected on the external façade, giving the tower its dynamic appearance.

On the west side – overlooking the river - the tower bulges out at the upper floors to maximize the views from hotel rooms and apartments. On the east side the tower is pulled out as a triangle on the lower floors to offer maximum stability. These opposite extensions make the overall tower seemingly lean over towards the Nile.

While enhancing the perspective when looking up from the foot of the tower this geometry also makes the tower seem in motion. This seeming rotation is further enhanced by emphasizing the diagonals running along the north and south facades.The façade geometry on the west façade culminates at the lower levels in a volume overhanging the road towards the river, housing the common program of the tower. At the foot of the tower, the façade drapes down over the large column free space next to the tower footprint where it forms a continuous glass plaza.A high quality contribution to the east bank of the Nile, The Nile Tower also forms a valuable addition to the skyline of Cairo.

and finally let see some photos :p

Source: Zaha Hadid

Thanks you :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Wow what a stunting beauty! :eek2: Cairo need this tower! I love it! :D

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
:eek2::drool:

WOAH! What a tower!!!! :banana: Thats fantastic, any more info??

Thankyou so much xAbdoo d welcome to the forums! :cheers:
P.S. Can you give us a link to the website where you got this from?

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah sure, but i have already linked it under the photos :D

BTW i have looked at the photos again and it saw the main branch of bank el-ahly and last time i have been in that area that building was HUGED, and as of the photos the tower is twice as tall - that is a skyscraper :)

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
yeah sure, but i have already linked it under the photos :D

BTW i have looked at the photos again and it saw the main branch of bank el-ahly and last time i have been in that area that building was HUGED, and as of the photos the tower is twice as tall - that is a skyscraper :)
Ooh sorry just noticed the link :)

Sorry, I didnt understand what you're saying??
Do you have any info about the height of this tower in metres? and what's its status?

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Wow notice Al-ahly bank tower next to the project this means that this tower is in an incredible location :D !!!

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ that what i meat :p

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Ok guys we need to know two things:

1. Who is the contractor?
2. What is the exact height of this tower. 70 floors is more than 250 metres, but whats the exact height of this??

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, until now i don't know.

i have been the there website and i looked throw all the projects, and i found that all the projects have dates on them except this one, maybe it's waiting for approving?

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Strange, I searched the whole web for more info, but found nothing. Someone help :(

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i might know the best person to ask about this but, am going to try keep searching guys

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
SHIT! Where did the renders go!!!! Even the website is down!!!! :badnews:

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!! Everyone search the whole web we need thos renders back!!! Someone try emailing Zaha Hadid herself!!, search it on google and type Zaha Hadid go to her website and find her email!!

:eek:hno::cry:

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ohh no i should have uploaded them to my photobuket :( and lol at egypt69

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
GOOD NEWS!! :banana:

I sent an email to Zaha hadid architects and I got a reply!! They sent me some renders as an attachment but its in a strange format so itll take some time untill I can post them.

heres the email:

Hello

Thank you for your kind email to Ms Hadid and we’d be happy to help out with some material. The completion date for the Nile Tower is still tbc.
I have attached the datasheet for the project for some further information and will send you the material via DROPBOX.com.

May I ask if this will be for a particular publication? If so please be sure to credit all materials to Zaha Hadid Architects.

Best

Joann Hong
ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
10 Bowling Green Lane,
London EC1R 0BQ UK

Tel +44 (0)20 7253 5147,
Fax +44 (0)20 7251 8322
e-mail [email protected]

I saw the renders but theyre ina pdf document, so how can I get the images seperately??

edit:

Got the renders, here is the nile hotel:

·
TUNISIAN MODERATOR
3,071 Posts
GOOD NEWS!! :banana:

I sent an email to Zaha hadid architects and I got a reply!! They sent me some renders as an attachment but its in a strange format so itll take some time untill I can post them.

heres the email:

Hello

Thank you for your kind email to Ms Hadid and we’d be happy to help out with some material. The completion date for the Nile Tower is still tbc.
I have attached the datasheet for the project for some further information and will send you the material via DROPBOX.com.

May I ask if this will be for a particular publication? If so please be sure to credit all materials to Zaha Hadid Architects.

Best

Joann Hong
ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
10 Bowling Green Lane,
London EC1R 0BQ UK

Tel +44 (0)20 7253 5147,
Fax +44 (0)20 7251 8322
e-mail [email protected]

I saw the renders but theyre ina pdf document, so how can I get the images seperately??
Use Quick Screen and capture them then just post them under photobucket or tiny pic ...

1 - 20 of 203 Posts