·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Project Info:

Size : 9361 square metres
Ultimate Investment Value :$1 Billion
Development type : Mixed-Use

The Cairo Nile Corniche Towers will combine luxury resedential appartments and penthouses, serviced appartments, offices, retail, restaurants and a five-star hotel.

Renders courtesy of Emporis:

Update: This is a $1 Bln development, the hotel will be a 5-star St.Regis Hotel, operated by Starwood Hotels and Resorts and the project is scheduled to be completed by 2014.

·
مصر ام ا&#1604
1,193 Posts
Qatari Diar is developing the Nile Corniche Towers, a twin tower real estate project on the north end on the Corniche Road, Cairo.

The development will cover a 9,400 sq. m. area and will consist of 2 residential towers (comprising 299 rooms and 211 apartments), a retail atrium, a conference space, a business center, 4 restaurants, a pool, a spa, and a fitness center.

The project will be developed in phases. Phase 1 includes the foundation works and the development of a 4-storeyed underground parking facility. Details of other phases are not revealed yet.

Michael Graves Design Group is the project consultant.

In April 2008, execution of phase 1 started. The project is expected to be completed in 2011.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nice Towers for the booming Cairo ;) I hope that Cairo gets a nice tall skyscraper :D

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope people will have enough money to use these things :(
Yeah, the average Egyptian definitely can't afford anything in these towers, but that doesn't mean theres no demand. Remember this project includes a Hotel, Appartments, Retail and Office Space. Egyptian would probably use the retail and the office space alot, whereas tourists will definitely use the hotel and appartments.

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Qatari Diar to develop Egyptian tourist projects

Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment is planning to develop tourist projects in a number of cities in Egypt, the Peninsula has reported. The developer is currently working on its $1bn St Regis Cairo hotel, which will be operated by Starwood Hotels & Resorts and is scheduled to open in 2014, as well as a $450m resort at Sharm El Sheikh.
http://www.ameinfo.com/208463.html

This article was published last week, so good to see project is on track :banana: The part in bold concerns this development.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Here is some more renders :D

enjoy :d

Reactions: Rain Drops

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow xabdoo, within 5 mins, you managed to get all this Well done!!! :banana:

·
Registered
761 Posts
great pics....this means that the qatari diar project is in the lot beside the orascom twin towers and fairmont.

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed, and the Nile Tower Hotel will be on the other side of the Ahli Bank Towers, so looks like theres enough room for everyone!

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So this is how it will look like:

Orascom/Fairmont Towers --- St.Regis Hotel ---- Ahli Bank Towers --- Nile Tower Hotel

Man the Cairo skyline is gonna be awesome! :banana:

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
LOL YAY! Awesome I am glad to hear, and 5min OMG that took too long :p

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes the nile tower and st. regis are two different projects. However, St. Regis is between Conrad (which has a hilton also on the same block) and the ahli towers - I made a mistake in my previous post.

The orascom towers are relatively far from the action. My bad.

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah, right, forgot about those

·
Registered
59 Posts
This project is particularly important. The St.Regis is probably the most exclusive hotel in the world, so for them to open one up in Cairo, means they've got a big market. Btw, this is the first St.Regis in the middle east.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
most likely yes.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Midotoria YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKKZZZZZ. have you got any pics?? I'd love to see how they will construct this hotel.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts