SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Unregistered User
11,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all! Btw, sorry for the quality, I'm using a mere digital camera.

Very nice, but you might have mentioned in the thread title that this is Calgary during its centennial Stampede. We don't wear Smithbilts or have First Nations Fancy Dancers on Olympic Plaza every day.
Quite the sad reality, really. :cheers:

14 July 2012

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quite the sad reality, really. :cheers:
:lol: It's a tough pace to maintain, believe me!

Next week is my (and many others') high point of the Calgary summer: The Folk Fest. http://www.calgaryfolkfest.com/ Along with Edmonton and Winnipeg, it's one of the great Western Canadian folk music festivals and it has far, far more than traditional "folk." Everything from Ian Tyson to Broken Social Scene to K'naan has been at the CFMF in the 12 years I've been living in Calgary (and attending). Iron and Wine closes it on Sunday and I'm prepared to cry my eyes out, again.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Banff is not that far from Calgary. The town of Banff is a really nice resort town with a lot of young people from all over, shuttling between Banff and Whistler.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
It's about 120km from our city centre. In good weather, about a 90 minute drive.

Canmore, which is just east of Banff, is a lovely town with a pleasant main street and excellent restaurants. No admission, unlike Banff.
Okay, I was just wondering if Calgary was worth the detour from Banff since I am planning to visit this region maybe next year. The city looks promising judging from this thread.

·
レジスタドユ&#
1,418 Posts
When you're in Banff, be sure to check out Lake Louise and Lake Moraine! The scenery there is just beautiful. It's about 45 mins drive from the town of Banff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts