• TD Canada Trust Tower

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Technocrat
878 Posts
I would like to make a note here, I have changed my mind since I made that post in the Canterra thread. It is now my #1 favourite in the city. After going through downtown enough, Bankers Hall starts to look less great while Canterra still manages to be sexy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I gotta go with Nexen on this one. That sharp edge is one of my favorite architectural and structural creations -- especially in Calgary.

·
I See Skyscrapers
2,083 Posts
Cantera is so classy. I love the way it looks from all angles. I think Calgary could use a few more like it.

BTW, I think the Husky Oil buildings are also worthy of a mention.

·
Technocrat
878 Posts
Waterloo_Guy said:
Cantera is so classy. I love the way it looks from all angles. I think Calgary could use a few more like it.

BTW, I think the Husky Oil buildings are also worthy of a mention.
True, I was walking past them today, and I just love the way the glass looks from street-level. They sky reflects off the gold glass from some angles (and at dusk you can see through a lot of it as well) so the towers end up being lovely patterns and shades of blue, purple, and gold.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Definately the Husky Oil towers. I've always loved them the most. I only wish they were one super tall, instead of the two average heights. Cantera is number two and then Bankers Hall.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I vote for Husky Oil Towers too!
I remember when I first came to Calgary 5 years ago and I first viewed downtown from my hotel room, thinking they were the city's tallest. They stand so proudly and clearly from the southwest, looking like 2 big gold bars.

·
I See Skyscrapers
2,083 Posts
Nexen is very cool looking also. But Cantera is a cut above. I would really like to see another building built along similar lines, maybe as a taller twin--Calgary needs more twins.

·
5,923 Posts
Nexen is awesome - such a simple but impressive design - I hadn't seen this building before - was quite a surprise to me.

Petro Canada Tower seems to have taken quite a beating in the forums, personally, I think it's a pretty good looking tower - nice and big, too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nexen was at one time to have a taller twin facing the other direction. Now that would have been cool!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts