SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a part of our long driving which include stopping at Bellevue and Olympia in Washington and coastal town of Lincoln down to Florence on the Pacific Oregon. We dropped by Eugene and Salem and of course Portland for some little shopping on our way back.
We drove around San Francisco for 2 days, a day in Napa valley, Reno on the next morning and went back to Sacramento in the afternoon and visited the Capitol building and Old Sac the following morning before heading back home.

Some of the photos were taken inside the moving van so they might lack clarity and good composition....enjoy.

Driving to San Francisco via Bay Bridge.

·
Foodie
1,676 Posts
I love San Francisco!

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you guys for your comments and yes, Jane, I was excited to reexplore SanFran after 5 years, basically no major change at all except that the sea lions stop homing at Pier 39.

Still at Market Street at CBD taking photos of those old but functional buses.

44 We took this F Bus plying to Pier 39/Fisherman's wharf

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^thanks guys for your compliments, I really appreciate that.
can't wait for the sacramento shots
As it was the last city we visited, I'm afraid I'll be uploading them photos on the last part, but thanks anyways for the interest.

More photos of DT SanFran.

·
Super Moderator
21,323 Posts
Looks like you were driving through Market Street for some time... I wonder what part/s of the City you've stopped by since I recall I was in Berkeley that day? I then wonder: did you go to any of the great viewing spots around San Francisco, like either Dolores Park, Alamo Square, Golden Gate Park, or even Bernal Heights? It's great that you've taken shots of the streetcars running through Market, and yes, Pier 39 at this time of year is packed with people, especially around the sea lion showcase and the carousel area. I also wonder what other parts of the Bay Area you visited, aside from Vallejo, Pittsburg, and central Napa County...

Looking forward to even more of my hometown from you! Splendid work! :hug:

·
Registered
674 Posts
great photos....and the streets of San Francisco are so vibrant with people who just leisurely walking around, in cafes sipping their favorite drinks, shopping for souvenirs
and watching other people....that's summer....the best time of the year.

1 - 20 of 748 Posts