Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have this problem with my digital camera. It's all blurry when its in its normal mode but when I zoom it in, the image becomes clear. Problem is, I have a digital camera but I have limited angles that I can take pictures.

I don't know anything about digital photography so I really don't know how to troubleshoot it myself. I have ruled out anything that I have inadvertently changed some settings because I knew of my limited camera know-how hence I always use the same setting ever since. I have not changed anything about the focus nor appertures nor macro settings.

My unit is a Samsung kenox S500 camera. I have contacted a lot of the Support people that Samsung has posted on their site for help, and they were no use at all. Everyone just keeps on passing the line and it seems everyone does not know of any SAMSUNG digital camera service centers here in Manila. Another thing, the camera was purchased in Korea hence I have a big problem if the local SAMSUNG office is even going to honor that warranty.

Any help would be appreciated. Any trouble shooting tricks, or maybe a way to just "reboot" the settings to its original configuration, or maybe directions to a really good digicam repair shop or SAMSUNG's local service center.

If its any help, there is this icon that began to show up on the screen since the problem started, it was "CAF" and i saw in the net that it was supposed to mean Camera Auto Focus. I dunno how to remove or fix it.

Please I really need help, I am doing my thesis right now and I need that camera badly.

Thanks in advance.

·
Deacon Blues
773 Posts
It would be of great help if you can describe step by step and in deatil what are you doing, regardless of how obvious it may sound. What are you trying to photograph, a landscape, a person, a small object, etc. ? At what distance is the subject (whatever you are shooting at). What are the illumination conditions, etc.

Maybe could be something as simple as not prefocusing by half pressing the shutter button... hard to tell by the info you have given so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was aboard this river ferry in Manila, and I was taking aim of the sunset skies. I was shooting from within the enclosed ferry and the image in the monitor was just fine, took a shot and then I took a review of it. When I reverted back the dial to the shoot mode again (the setting that I was using prior was marked as "children"), the image was blurry and the damn "CAF" symbol appeared on the monitor. I had to zoom it in before the image became clear. And that's how it has been since then.

Thanks for the interest, Much appreciated.

·
Deacon Blues
773 Posts
Ok, you must be aware by now that "Children" is not a good setting for taking landscapes.
Also, maybe you camera's sensor was being fooled by direct sun rays.

1. Are you sure that the camera is set in AUTO mode (not MANUAL or PROGRAM)?

2. If it is in AUTO and the problem persist, initialize the camera:
Go to Setup menu - Reset - Yes

One more thing, it's always a good idea to read the manual:
http://www.samsungcamera.com/product/pro_view.asp?prol_uid=1057&cat_uid=11

Hope this help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in my haste to be an amteur photgrapher, i failed to see the ins and outs of the unit by reading the manual. but in my defense, the manual that came from the unit was all in Korean text. but still its no excuse, as i am very well aware that manuals in various languages of my choice could be downloaded from samsung's site.

anywho, i've decided to raise my concern to samsung's heaadquarters here in manila. someone i know, tracked them down.

thanks again for the interest! hopefully when i get the chance, i'll post my work here in skyscrapercity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts