Registered
1,203 Posts
Welwichia Stadium | Luanda

Procurei no google pelos outros estádios mas n encontrei nada...:bash:
Sorry...

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
How many stadiums are gonna be used for 2010 ACN? and please again guys try to give s description in english, I'm sure there's plenty of people who are english who supported Angola to have its own forum and it will just be a pleasure to have them accomodated because as for now its like you talking to yourselves.

·
Troublemaker
2,241 Posts
gostei bastante,some nice ones :cheers:

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
With all projects going on in Angola, I just can't wait for the 2010 ACN, I hope that most of the delapidated buildings would be refurbed by that time and the ladscaping being up to scratch. Angolan football federations must go out of their way to create an intensive marketing across Europe where most of our African players are located so as to lure fans to come watch the 2010 ACN and see the beutiful Angola.

·
Afritect
4,386 Posts
yes guys 2 what pule said early can u please post the news in english 2 ;-)

·
Registered
40,775 Posts
This is the final design of how the new stadium in Luanda will look like in 2010. it was desined by Mário Sua Kay Arquitecto. I like the deisgn! It is a 50 000 seater stadium.

Football: CAN/2010 – Premier`s Aide Optimistic about Timely Conclusion of Stadiums

Luanda, 11/02 – Angolan prime minister’s assistant minister, Aguinaldo Jaime, Wednesday in Luanda, voiced the optimism that the stadiums for the African Football Cup of Nations (CAN2010) will be ready in due time.

He expressed this judging from what he called the technical capacity of each and every contractors that were awarded the works and their proven performance in the civil construction market.

"I believe that we will once again be at the height of this great challenge and honour the name of Angola, of its government, its people and sportsmen, so that we have an African championship that stands as an example to all countries of the continent”, he stressed.

The premier’s aide was speaking to journalists after the signing of contracts between the Finance Ministry and the builders.

He admitted the four stadiums for the CAN2010 will be built within a “very tight timing”.

According to him, the experience gathered from other countries show that such events have been planned in a minimum anticipation of five to eight years, but Angola is doing it in a record timing.

Even though, the official said he is sure the infrastructures that will be built in the provinces of Luanda (50,000 spectators), Benguela (35,000), Huíla (35,000) and Cabinda (25,000), will be ready until October 2009, as established by the African Confederation of Football (CAF).

His conviction in the timely completion of the stadiums rests in Angola’s recent experience with the organisation of the African Basketball Championship (Afrobasket/2007) in August, when there was also scepticism about the conclusion of the four pavilions in due time.

The Luanda stadium will be built in the capital city’s outskirts of Viana by a consortium comprising the firms Urbinvest, Arup Sport-Ar, and Mário Sua Kay Arquitecto, China National Electronics Import & Export Corporation (CEIEC).

This group will also be in charge of Benguela stadium at Taka compound. Huíla’s, will be constructed at Tchiokeb area, by Arquidesign, Cogedir, Somague, Engenharia Angola and Mota Engil, while that of Cabinda will be carried out by the firms Coreangol -Engenharia & Construção.

·
Registered
40,775 Posts
New Stadium for City of Lubango:cheers:

Name: Estadio del Lubango

City/Country: Lubango/Angola

Use: Sport

Developer/Architects: GEG (Portugal)

Additional Information:

El estadio del Lubango será construido para albergar los juegos del CAN2010. Tiene una cobertura metálica de 110m de rayo soportada por un conjunto de 2 arcos de 220m de van.

El estadio tiene 6 pisos y un sótano. La estructura del estadio es constituida por pórticos en betão armado que soportan los pisos y las cámaras, que son elementos pre-fabricados.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
Those are good news Matt and I like the designs also but my favourate is the Luanda stadium, Lets hope South Africa will be located there, if it qualifies for 2010 ACN.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Construction has already started and they are working 24 hours aday, two shifts, that what I have hard.... it is just hard to find update pictures...

1 - 20 of 856 Posts