SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To congratulate Brisbane & SEQ for having absolutely kick arse shit happening up there at present ! These scraper developments and proposals are awesome and everyone in the other Oz cities are as jealous as buggery !
Very exciting times ahead.
Brisbane's skyline is presently morphing from being previously a bit "plain Jane" to a skyline more akin to a city of 2-3 mill people.
Gold Coast speaks for itself.
WOOT ! That is all.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Cheers christarrant, we're livin the dream up here atm, good time to be a scraper fan in QLD, and I feel the best is yet to come!:)

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I also congrulate you guys too for coming up with great towers too. Looking around, the best scrapers at present are being built on Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and I praise you for having the guts to aim high too. In Sydney they just want to keep them as small as possible, which is the wrong way to go.

Brisbane should be proud of itself as it has established itself as a metropolis in recent years. On my trip to Brisbane two months ago, I was amazed by the big city feel that I had. Tall buildings, left right and centre with lively streets. The scrapers add to it.

Looking at the 2010 render as done by Locke (with defec's recent photo from Mt Cootha), Brisbane could have a skyline to challenge Sydney. Looking at it, it looks just as good.

·
Registered
295 Posts
A competition between Sydney and Brisbane to have the second best skyline after Melbourne?

·
Registered
77,006 Posts
from what ive heard thru grape vine, Darwins skyline will kick bot bot in a decade or so.
yes SEQ are finally getting some tallies.not just tallies but real tallies. tey have gone from 150m projects then up to 200m ,and straight up to 250m+.with the first in OZ to surpass 300m being mighty Q on GC.
The population is rising and SEQ is ripe for picking.
not just height, but designs should become real interesting over next decade.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Oh yes its fantastic being in Brisbane with all this stuff going on.

Meanwhile I've met a very nice boy in Sydney (who know's the future - I could be living there and missing out on all the construction action.)

Time will tell....

In the meantime Hurrah for Brissy & SEQ

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
In the photo by Fabian, I know of Vision, Empire Square and Emerald, but what are the three tallies between them? BTW, Great photo, I love photos like these. They keep all of us enthusiastic. Does anyone know of any more proposed buildings, or even rumours? I still see great potential in our great skyline.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Notional towers that are rumours.
The image is actually by Locke, reposted by Fabian.

ALSO.. The one you think is Emerald is infact 480 Queen St (Right number?)
Emerald is missing because it was made up before we knew it was back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts