Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is all about the UK..it has no content about Ireland or interest in Ireland..so can we have it renamed the UK forum.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
This forum is all about the UK..it has no content about Ireland or interest in Ireland..so can we have it renamed the UK forum.
Well technically it should have been called 'UK and the Republic of Ireland' or 'GB and Ireland', However if you call it just 'UK' then Belfast is still legitimate for the site as its in the UK (however is geograpically in Ireland).

·
Better To Do Nothing
10,500 Posts
I don't think we need to remove Ireland from the UK forum....otherwise it would have no representation anywhere on the site. And as has been shown here, there just isn't the demand to warrant its own section in the European forum.

As has been said before, its a vicious circle....not enough Irish Forumers to post information > not enough information to keep people interested > nobody bothers to post any info they might have because it gets no attention.

Either way - the Irish have their own place on a different site that is more popular....Archiseek or somthing like that. But we should still keep a place for Ireland within the UK forum (even if nothing much goes on...at least its there, and it not doing any harm)

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
this is the strangest request I have come across on this site... from what dark corner does it derive?

I hope that those who decide these things ignore it!

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It comes from seeing no point to having Ireland attached to the Uk..you might as well have the UK & Iceland sub forum FFS!:lol:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Or not, the ROI is part of the British Isles.

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
It comes from seeing no point to having Ireland attached to the Uk..you might as well have the UK & Iceland sub forum FFS!:lol:

well if you're unaware of the long history of intimate ties, the economic synergy, the close geographical proximity between the UK and Ireland, as well as the fact pointed out below, then! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
I think its a valid point. Its not like Ireland hasnt been given a chance. Every time a project thread for the ROI is started, it fails and sinks into the forgotten depths of the forum (with the exception of malec's Cork thread which gets updates every now and again). Gothic has stated on many occasions that the Irish side of things has always been based on another site (Archiseek is it?).
How about 'Greater England'? Just to piss everyone off!

·
Better To Do Nothing
10,500 Posts
Still...absolutely no harm having the option here for Irish users.

The UK and Ireland are, after all, extremely similar countries....we have more in relation to each other than with any other European country (in terms of culture, language...history etc). And Ireland is part of the British Isles....we should see this as the British Isles forum in all but name :eek:kay:

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
I think its a valid point. Its not like Ireland hasnt been given a chance. Every time a project thread for the ROI is started, it fails and sinks into the forgotten depths of the forum (with the exception of malec's Cork thread which gets updates every now and again). Gothic has stated on many occasions that the Irish side of things has always been based on another site (Archiseek is it?).
How about 'Greater England'? Just to piss everyone off!

Well, on that score we should get rid of that silly Preston development thread and just include any once in a blue moon news in the Greater Manchester one?.. or the Lancaster or Carlisle ones!

:lol:

·
10th February 2008
60,606 Posts
Well, on that score we should get rid of that silly Preston development thread and just include any once in a blue moon news in the Greater Manchester one?.. or the Lancaster or Carlisle ones!

:lol:
So is the Greater Manchester thread.(by me) :baeh3:

·
Banned
15,506 Posts
I've just had a look at that Archiseek forum. It's pretty good. The level of debate knocks spots out of most of this forum. Maybe the better threads of the Glasgow subforum come close, but that's it.

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
So is the Greater Manchester thread.(by me) :baeh3:
I know guys, I was just kidding and making the point that it all seems a little silly to seek to remove something that is not offensive or in any way blocking the funtion of the forum and sub-groups!

As awayo has just said, we should actually look at upping the quality of our debates by looking at the Glasgow sub forum and the site that the Irish tend to contribute most to... says al lot about us dunnit?

·
Still Alive
9,875 Posts
There will probably be a section for Scotland,Wales.ireland and Britain(with scottish mod) but no England forum just split up in regions.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts