Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're celebrating our nation's xxx anniversary (i've lost count) one week from today.....how are you planning to celebrate?

I'll probably be hanging out with friends and we'll be watching the fireworks downtown. After a three year hiatus, the Canada Day fireworks are back in Vancouver.....and bigger than ever: this year there are two large barges both in Burrard Inlet - one in Coal Harbour in Downtown and the other in West Vancouver by Ambleside Beach. it'll be awesome.

CANADA DAY BANNER FOR SKYSCRAPERCITY NEEDED. As a Skyscrapercity tradition, a nation's anniversary is celebrated in the forum with a banner dedicated to that nation's holiday. Anybody interested in making one?

It would be unfortunate if we didn't have one this year, we didn't have one last year as well...nobody made one.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
I'm going to probably go watch fireworks downtown - plus the CN Tower is being lit up for the occasion!

·
Canadian eh!
3,523 Posts
I'll be home in Canada to celebrate the big day, not sure doing what. But at least I'll be home.

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
It's weird that Canada Day is on July 2 this year. I didn't know that if July 1 falls on a Sunday, that Monday becomes the official holiday.

I'm not sure what I'm doing this year for it. Who knows!
I'd love to celebrate it in Ottawa, but not this year I'm afraid.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
It's weird that Canada Day is on July 2 this year. I didn't know that if July 1 falls on a Sunday, that Monday becomes the official holiday.
I'm pretty sure that that is a new development, actually. It has tons of businesses here pissed off, as many can't open on Canada Day or the day after this year.

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5 days to go....can't wait!

CANADA DAY BANNER FOR SKYSCRAPERCITY NEEDED. As a Skyscrapercity tradition, a nation's anniversary is celebrated in the forum with a banner dedicated to that nation's holiday. Anybody interested in making one?

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
since nobody made one, the skyscrapercity banner...

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Ill be having a bbq on saturday at my place since the parents and siblings are all gone. (finally the house to myself!) Sunday im off to Wonderland for some rides and fireworks. Monday will be my day of relaxation.

·
39,237 Posts
You are partially right. If Canada Day falls on a Sunday, then Monday becomes a holiday also, but Canada Day is still on July 1st. July 2nd is a holiday this year, but it isn't Canada Day.

I'll be at the CNE. Isn't the Mr.Chin contest that day? I'll bring my Maple Leaf, and if I'm brave enough, the rainbow flag also. Fireworks display from Ontario Place, coffee and snacks on some grassy lawn, and some nice company. I bought some Chapman's 'Canadian Vanilla' ice-cream with the Maple Leaf in it. Cut it lengthwise and you get a Maple Leaf in every slice.

I'd love to watch a swearing in ceremony for new Canadians. Does anyone know where I can go to see that?

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
since nobody made one, the skyscrapercity banner...
Excellent banner, mr. x. Did you make it? If so thanks for putting it together!

I'd love to watch a swearing in ceremony for new Canadians. Does anyone know where I can go to see that?

Hmmm... good question. The ones I have been to were at Yonge and Eglinton, in the citizenship building. What an uplifting, inspirational ceremony those are! It is impossible to leave one of them not feeling better, and prouder, of our country!

I'll be spending Monday at a beautiful cottage in Prince Edward Country, and Sat/Sun in Toronto. Is the Chin Picnic on Monday or Sunday?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts