Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
¾
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn’t find a thread about this anywhere… sorry if I missed it.

In April, YanSong Ma, founder of Beijing-based architectural firm MAD office, won an international competition to design a landmark residential building in Mississauga, one of the largest cities in Canada […] 50-storey Absolute Tower.
The tower will be the city’s tallest building when completed in the summer of 2009; it has already been nicknamed Marilyn Monroe.​
-Architectural Visualisation

Looks good :cheers:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This is as old as mold now and yes we do have a thread for the Monroe.

What I do find odd however is in none of the threads i've gone into is there a mention of height for this scraper? :lol:

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
:cheers: - A couple more of them and I know what I'll be seeing.

·
lolwut
1,867 Posts
hazardously_wasted said:
I couldn’t find a thread about this anywhere… sorry if I missed it.

In April, YanSong Ma, founder of Beijing-based architectural firm MAD office, won an international competition to design a landmark residential building in Mississauga, one of the largest cities in Canada […] 50-storey Absolute Tower.
The tower will be the city’s tallest building when completed in the summer of 2009; it has already been nicknamed Marilyn Monroe.​
-Architectural Visualisation

Looks good :cheers:
"one of Canada's largest cities"...wow, its so wierd to think of it like that, because when you think of Mississauga you think of a Toronto suberb.. But this is great for them, im lovin it. And its 56 story's now.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Erebus555 said:
:cheers: - A couple more of them and I know what I'll be seeing.
I have no idea what your getting at.

·
レジスタドユ&#
1,418 Posts
I never expect that Mississauga would get an innovative skyscraper like this..

·
Premium Member
38,005 Posts
Looks Absolute!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
^ The current height is stated in the first post and the thread title "50-storey Absolute Tower". Rumours are floating though that the height may get bumped up. The first batch of 180 units that went on sale sold out in about 3 hours. The remaining 270 units were suppose to go on Sale on June 10th, but the developer (Fernbrook) appearently sent out an e-mail June 2nd saying that the remaining units will be released at a later date. Considering that over 7,000 people signed the waiting list to purchase a unit it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if a few more floors were added on to make the entire project more of a landmark, and more profitable for Fernbrook.

·
lolwut
1,867 Posts
jeicow said:
^ The current height is stated in the first post and the thread title "50-storey Absolute Tower". Rumours are floating though that the height may get bumped up. The first batch of 180 units that went on sale sold out in about 3 hours. The remaining 270 units were suppose to go on Sale on June 10th, but the developer (Fernbrook) appearently sent out an e-mail June 2nd saying that the remaining units will be released at a later date. Considering that over 7,000 people signed the waiting list to purchase a unit it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if a few more floors were added on to make the entire project more of a landmark, and more profitable for Fernbrook.
Its 56 stories
When it was 50 stories it was said to be about 500 feet or 153m, with 6 more story's it would be around 170m tall. Just an estimate offcourse.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
wow at 170m this would be seenfrom at my house in Brampton. Plus it would literally dominat all of Mississauga.

·
Illustrator
6,700 Posts
Fantastic tower, it is a mixture between 2 famous Swedish products:

Turning Torso (but female version)

and Absolut Vodka:cheers:

Sorry, I couldn't resist manipulating the picture.:D:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts