Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
D & Y
98,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post all Transportation & Infrastructure news and discussions here. :)

Saw this one in the asian forum, would it be a cheaper subsitution of the trains or LRT systems our cities are using? :)

wino;113839257[IMG said:
http://autobusy-ts.wbs.cz/neoplan_jumbocruiser_52_original.jpg[/IMG]

·
39,226 Posts
Post all Transportation & Infrastructure news and discussions here. :)

Saw this one in the asian forum, would it be a cheaper subsitution of the trains or LRT systems our cities are using? :)
Possibly, but a bus is a big step down from rail imo. I tend to avoid any place that involves a bus. I'm very reluctant to get on one. That's a great looking bridge YF. Speaking of bridges, does anyone have photos of the newly constructed Deh Cho bridge in Fort Providence, NWT?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I wonder what factors were considered that made that Evergreen Line elevated, and which were absent/non-consequential in deciding that the Eglinton non-underground portion would be street-level.

Car traffic density maybe one?
Number of lanes?

·
D & Y
98,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Translink Canada Line train from Vancouver by D70, on Flickr

The North Arm Bridge is an extradosed bridge in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It spans the north arm of the Fraser River, linking Vancouver to Richmond. It is used by trains on the Canada Line, which opened in August 2009. The bridge is billed as North America's first extradosed bridge.

The bridge also has a dedicated pedestrian and bicycle pathway underneath one of its wings.

·
39,226 Posts
Heavy cars traffic and curved streets are the main reasons I suppose.
I suspect it has more to do with cost and flooding/water table issues.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts