Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canary wharf by the year 2012 will look like this. post your other pictures on the future of this cluster :D

ps: CANT WAIT :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol :D

canary wharf looks nicer then newyork anyway :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eastender said:
wasn't that supposed to be the london 2006 vision?

i said BY 2012

·
Divemaster!
6,699 Posts
One thing that has really annoyed me with the Canary Wharf proposals is the lack of a cohesive, all-included rendering of how it will look like with all the proposed towers. I mean, the City has that now famous view across the thames showing all the proposed skyscrapers in their correct positions, but no-one has yet to do a decent render of the CW cluster with all the proposed towers included. Once again, I'm looking to you Wjfox!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Eastender said:
wasn't that supposed to be the london 2006 vision?
I'm not sure if the 2006 had so much density but it did look pretty similar. I doubt it will look anything like that rendering pretty soon, CW have put all construction on hold at the moment.

·
35,227 Posts
people will be pleased to know im updating my 3d map and adding more buildings to it, expanding it to the east to take in the likeso f electron and new providence wharf and hope to have it all done this month so it will be bang up to date.

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
gothicform said:
people will be pleased to know im updating my 3d map and adding more buildings to it, expanding it to the east to take in the likeso f electron and new providence wharf and hope to have it all done this month so it will be bang up to date.
:applause:

·
Futurist
38,732 Posts
Turbosnail said:
Columbus isn't going to happen - is it??
I think we'll almost certainly see a skyscraper on that site eventually - whether it's the original design for Colombus Tower or not, who knows. But as we've discussed before, it's a prime piece of real estate, just a stone's throw from a major business and financial district, and has planning permission for a 237m building. Think about it. Imagine if the building was converted to be entirely hotel/luxury apartments...... a developer would stand to make hundreds of millions of pounds in profit. The lease on the current site has been extended to 2013, I believe. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the site was bought up and developed before then.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
However, there's also the Crossrail issue with the Columbus site. I doubt anyone will be willing to take over that site until Crossrail actually sort out what they're going to be doing underneath it - if the darn thing is actually ever built!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SuomiPoika said:
I doubt CW will look like that by 2012.

erm yes it will

all of the buildings there have been approved with just 1 i think as the exception. :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
the one thing missing from CW is a pinnacle... There are 200m+, 300m+ towers there. There should also be a 500m+ Pinnacle. :D

Toronto is best example!

at Night

1 - 20 of 64 Posts