SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I wish we had a map with the plot numbers..this building is awesome..sort of matches the Platinum tower in that area..Its going to be hot! very modern

·
Registered
429 Posts
nice , i like the trees inside but not so much the white walls
and i love the exterior (simplicité fait la beauté )

·
Registered
429 Posts
height,floors,status???? anywone?

·
Registered
644 Posts
^^ If we had that info, we would have updated the introductory post.

About its status, it is proposed and nothing is finalised yet.
As for the location, it is behind Beirut Tower/Bay Tower.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
That is soo cool how the offce windows go opaque. Ive seen it dwn here in an icecream shop Bathroom...LOL They flip a switch and poof !

·
Banned
3,506 Posts
I really like this tower! The cladding is so...unique and interseting. Really happy to finally see office towers in that area.
Is it going to be near Hosn 440?

·
Registered
480 Posts
i just noticed: i don't like the wide open spaces on both sides of the road. its a waste of space AND it's not nice for a 'city'. great building though!

·
Registered
429 Posts
^^ i dunno if i got u right john but we need some green open spaces in beirut i think

·
Registered
480 Posts
yea a city needs open spaces, but those open spaces should be in the form of designated parks, rather than green spaces on the side of the footpath (which is a feature common in suburban areas in europe), a city should be dense and compact, the buildings should border the sidewalks so that people can maneuver freely without having to follow the designated grass path - in fact people sooner or later will start walking across the grass, and making the place look untidy (the grass also needs to be maintained, or else it will turn brown).
also, the only way of creating a truly pedestrian space with a cosmopolitan feel is by having shops side by side, buildings side by side etc...; if the buildings and shops are spread out people will not walk, simple as that (thus, creating a deserted-car-dependent city). :S
the only proper city i know that doesn't follow what i described above is Dubai - and well, there's practically no pedestrian life there. for a successful city (pedestrian wise) think london, newyork, paris etc...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I agree however you have to understand the use of this area...this will be a very public area when complete. It will consist of hotels and the marina with all its facilities..it is not in the core buisness district...not only that but the surrounding buildings(such as Marina towers) were designed with gardens..and the seaside parc etc

1 - 20 of 27 Posts