SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 4734 Posts

·
Registered
39,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this thread is a mere picture gallery and won´t get locked again! Certain people should just refrain from leaving silly and childish comments this time...the reasons are evident in the Oasis Section.

Looking at Cape Town is a sheer delight to the eye, it looks so urban, clean, well-developped and modern. This city could be anywhere in the world. The mayors are doing a good job. Africans should really invite Capetonians over and help them bring their cityscapes/planning/management back on track. Truly a role model for SSA

:cheers::cheers:

shopping, office and lifestyle centre

:cheers::cheers:

Courtesy of Moursuh, Annam and others

·
Registered
39,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

such cozy areas to hang out

Cape Town hotties (especially the right is damn sexy)

beyond words:cheers:

some great rides in a them park

Courtesy of Moursuh , Lydon and others

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The great thing about Cape Town is that it is even better than it looks in these pictures. The vibe, the food, the wine and the weather combine to make the perfect city!

·
Annman
6,928 Posts
guys do u know capetown is Africas best city but i wish native r seen more important palces more than the inhabitants the whites, i wish they get good education and become very strong like the white too
In South Africa there is a huge growing middle-class of black-South Africans. Recently, the number of black-S.Africans classified as middle-class has outgrown that of white-South Africans. However, in Cape Town, black-S.Africans are in the minority... to really see the progress of this up-and-coming population group in its majority, you need to see Johannesburg... it is inspiring to see that much prosperity only 16 years after democracy, but we still have a long way to go, but we're making good headway.

·
Annman
6,928 Posts
Some rarely seen areas of Cape Town

All pictures still within the Cape Metro Area, but views not often seen...

Back of Table Mountain form the Hout Bay Valley...

Panoramio - Stefan Meyes

Constantia Winelands (yes, within the city's southern suburbs)

Panoramio - Kurt Steininger

BIG aerial of the University of Cape Town...

Panoramio - timw607f

Sunrise over the False Bay suburbs from Silvermine Pass..

Panoramio - Mike_Golby

CT southern suburbs of Tokai and Constantia from Steenberg Peak...

Panoramio - Mike_Golby

Fish Hoek Beach, False Bay coast...

Panoramio - ossewa

False Bay coast and suburbs of Simons Town and Glencairn from Elsies Peak...

Panoramio - Mike_Golby

Noordhoek Valley...

Panoramio - Mike_Golby

Historic suburb of Simons Town, SA Navy Headquarters too...

Panoramio - mingo

Simons Town residents...

Panoramio - Pierre-Jean Durieu

Cape Point (Cape of Good Hope) from Judas Peak Saddle...

Panoramio - Mike_Golby

Witsand, on the sparsely populated Atlantic side of the south peninsula...

Panoramio - Mike_Golby

Chapman's Peak Drive...

Panoramio - bernd68

Hout Bay from Constantiaberg...

Panoramio - Mike_Golby

The Atlantic Seaboard just south of Table Mountain...

Panoramio - Cape Spirit Travel

Bantry Bay, Atlantic Seaboard...

Panoramio - André Engelbrecht

·
23,279 Posts
guys do u know capetown is Africas best city but i wish native r seen more important palces more than the inhabitants the whites, i wish they get good education and become very strong like the white too
Culturally, the Western Cape province is very different to the rest of South Africa. 'Coloureds' are the majority, around 50% if I'm not mistaken. This is followed by blacks, who account for 30% of the population, and around 16% is white from what I understand. The rest is mainly Asian.

·
Annman
6,928 Posts
Around Cape Town

Stellenbosch...

H.J. van Zyl

H.J. van Zyl

Bird Street, Stellenbosch...

Banja&FransMulder

Winelands west of Stellenbosch

Paarl...

Eric1001

leonhallza

Durbanville... looking towards Table Mountain (Cape Town) at sunset

illusandpics.com

Cape Town northern suburbs... view looking east from Welgemoed towards Stellenbosch.

bernd68

Somerset West... Erinvale golf course in winter...

wensing

Same place in autumn...

Lalli

Somerset West/Strand/Gordon's Bay (Cape Town for S.E. suburbs from the Hottentots-Holland Mountains...

Eric1001

Du Toitskloof Pass... bypassing the Huguenot Tunnel between Paarl and Worcester, 45mins from Cape Town...

HGL1

Matroosberg lookout (2258m), highest peak in south-western Cape looking west at sunset...

Lee Meissenheimer

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nsub

HI Guys

Can some please post pictures of the Northern Sub in here.
We all know its not realy for the tourest, but I still think it look pretty cool now a days and they realy made an effort.

Pics of Tygervally, Edward Street, Durbanville, so suburbs here also, cause there is alot of houses here on this side with no fences. Would be cool to the rest know that we dont live in prisons.

·
Annman
6,928 Posts
^^ I posted one view from Welgemoed, but getting pics of the northern suburbs are hard to find and I actually do not live in Cape Town, I live 1hour outside in the Winelands.

1 - 20 of 4734 Posts