SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 551 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post any photos of Cape Town in here, may it be photos of the CBD, the suburbs, the beaches, the wildlife or the people...

G

·
Today was a great day in Cape Town but a little hazey. It will be remembered as the day that I went to say goodbye to Cape Town's Table Mountain and I know that I will never see it again. Here are the pics of my last trip up the mountain - enjoy :)

1000m above the city of Cape Town​

G

·
These are the pics that I discovered in my archives when I started cleaning my files out - they are predominantly of the V & A Waterfront (Marina and Clock Tower Precinct) ....

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your contribution :) It's nice to have you here!

I am also glad to see us attracting new members already :)

·
Afritect
4,389 Posts
i went on a mission to take pics on construction sites n intresting stuff in downtown(cbd) cape town im not sure about the right size of the images are these pics okay so far

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Without ENIGMA/Gandalf33, there will be a sorely torn open hole in terms of Cape town photos... but atleast we have you :) <hint hint>.. jk those photos look good though!

·
Afritect
4,389 Posts
ya thats the investec building next to the SHG hq

·
Afritect
4,389 Posts
Cape Town Photo Update 1

roads are clogged up with trucks carry bricks ,cranes keep on blotting the skyline,buildings are being demolished(gutted) sooo I went on a mission with my digi-cam

this tower under renovations it has a really cool blue light which is turned in during the night its part of reddam highschool

the mixed use portside development its going to mainly have a aca -joe ,hilton and some offices

the construction site quite big in length its a good 2 blocks + big

theres a long strip of really nice clubs/cafes like the news cafe and etc ,but dont think portside is going have any clubs though residents will start to moan blah! blah! u get the idea

on the side of the road um well not much progress with the new irish hotel these guys are really taking there time

there about 15 cranes in the cbd 4 just went down before i took these pics

a new boutique hotel

·
Banned
675 Posts
WOW Paarl looks awesome!!!! That church is very beautiful!! And the mountains on the back make it a perfect scenery!! Thank you Cape Town Guy!

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
IMAGINE: from that spot where that guy is standing (i must tell u its amazing) they introduce the bid for a cape townolympic games insome kinda promo video and then show a fast forward from day to night and then introduce the varioous venues woweee

or like cameras up there giving viewers across the world the view of the olympic stadium at night...

1 - 20 of 551 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.