Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought this would be a good place to showcase you something thats going on in the city where I live.

Its so bad and worrying that I had to post it here because I know you live in a country which respects environment and generally is known as an example to be followed by.

Basically I live in Limassol, Cyprus and for some weird reason few years ago our beloved Mayor and his followers decided to make a gorgeous beach into a parking so some small boat owners can park them in front of there.

They did not change the beach(put few rocks so cars cant park into the beach next to it), just put a sign that you can park for some time there and now its a gorgeous beach turned into parking, you see cars RIGHT NEXT to the sea and right next to it is a proper beach with people swimming.
Oil and other crap from the cars pollute the whole area.
People have tried contacting the major and it looks like no one gives a f**k.

My question is, what is your opinion on this subject and what would have been done in your country if a mayor of some city there decided to do something like this?

P.S.
here is the direct link to the google maps location if you want to check it out:
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.6881972,33.0696738,236m/data=!3m1!1e3

·
Gay love is love too
14,334 Posts
Mayors don't have the authority to take these kinds of decisions in our country, only city councils do. So this seems to me a problem that goes to the very heart of your democracy.

As for parking on the beach... Well, that would be a great way to get rid of your car at the next storm or high tide. I wouldn't recommend it. :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a decision made by the counsel of course but major was and is still ok with it. And that really bothers me. Just wanted to see what people think who live in a proper country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.