Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought this would be a good place to showcase you something thats going on in the city where I live.

Its so bad and worrying that I had to post it here because I know many of you live in a country which respects the environment.

Basically I live in Limassol, Cyprus and for some weird reason few years ago our beloved Mayor and his counsel decided to make a gorgeous beach into a parking so some small boat owners can park them in front of there.

They did not change the beach(put few rocks so cars cant park into the beach next to it) like adding concrete, just put a sign that you can park for some time there and now its a gorgeous beach turned into parking, you see cars RIGHT NEXT to the sea and right next to it is a proper beach with people swimming. Basically CARS ON THE SAND.
Oil and other crap from the cars pollute the whole area.
People have tried contacting the major and it looks like no one gives a f**k.

My question is, what is your opinion on this subject and what would have been done in your country if a mayor/counsel of some city there decided to do something like this?

P.S.
here is the direct link to the google maps location if you want to check it out:
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.6881.../data=!3m1!1e3

·
PRESIDENT OF SPACE
1,794 Posts
In my parents time it was normal to drive on the beach, but as you said it is environmentally harmful. It is also dangerous to beach goers with vehicles driving around.

Also, lol spring tide on a windy day

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my parents time it was normal to drive on the beach, but as you said it is environmentally harmful. It is also dangerous to beach goers with vehicles driving around.

Also, lol spring tide on a windy day
I understand that, but what bothers me is that the town counsail its self made it officialy a parking on beach sand, IN MIDDLE of the city

·
The only way is up
88,194 Posts
On 1 side the beaches in cities are often polluted (or the water is), so bathing here may not be the best idea.
On the other side, judging by the satpic, there is a lot of space across the street, so why use the beach?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts