SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To follow my in spring thread, heres autumn

Firstly around the civic center, comprised of ornate portland stone buildings around formal squares and gardens

more to come

·
Gotta lite?
6,045 Posts
Very nice photos, and not bad weather either, thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments!

Westgate street, the buildings close to the castle are quite grand apartments now

The street also contains this beacon of sport, the Millenniumn stadium, one fo the alrgest stadia in the world with a retractable roof, which prooved useful during the recent opening ceremony to the Ryder cup

Castle quarter, just been revamped and awaiting trees, lights etc.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys

This was always the main street of the city, its been neglected for quite some time now and with all the construction around the rest fo teh center has suffered quite a bit. it does contain though most of the the most impressive archtiecture and its refurbishment really feels like the heart fo the city is back

Howells department store

The recently developed Hayes, the new build was the largest shopping center to be built last year in Europe, connected to the old indoor shopping area its now the largest in the UK

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks

An old departmetn store now shops and apartments

One fo the many victorian arcades, still full of independant shops selling all sorts of interesting things

Brewery quarter, bars and restaurants

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its only one forumer who disses the place, all the people i know who have visited (thats alot as i work in hotels) are seriously impressed with the city.

Mill lane, also known as the cafe quarter full of bars, cafes and restaurants

Staion area in need of a revamp

Interesting stone work on this building

1 - 20 of 37 Posts