SkyscraperCity banner

361 - 380 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
God the amount of studies done by German Universities like Hamburg is enough to have a whole income stream from researchers alone. It is getting a local consensus that is still not there yet. The road is a way of bringing the two interests together perhaps because it allows for a debate that doesn't directly divide tourists vrs locals that usually happens. The new proposal for the road is coming out soon and I think it has a lot of these points in it for once. The existing road will then be cut up to reduce traffic and serve local needs better. I am quite anxious to see if the whole thing gets a sensible public hearing and gets the locals more involved. Then there is the actual building and .....!!

·
Persian Gulf
2,499 Posts
Its always good to see more women in architecture and design. The one before was definitely anally retarded with the giant loo in the middle of the sea.

How do you it was designed by a woman Alexal? And which project are you referring to with the loo?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
because of the shape
its like a pussy
Thanks for getting that! But honestly, it is really getting obsessive with architecture in Iran. You posted the update on the Kish monument. Isn't that the product a frustrated Islamic culture that is itching to burst forth?!

I have a great name for all the frivolous over-designed buildings esp on the Caspian coast. Pop architure! I think it says it all but gives it a veneer of respectability it probably doesn't deserve in reality. At least it can be boxed away into a type and hopefully grown out of soon. The colours alone make the eyes water or it might be dispair!!

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
project in lahijan

https://www.instagram.com/sakhtemanhaybrand/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the apartment complex near anzali (tavoos towers) have been burned in fire, poor build
they also leaked when it rained
thankfully no casualties seem to have been reported

I hope this is a heads up too all people in construction and the authorities

https://www.instagram.com/arch.mh/

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Noshahr Condo complex with access to freeway.

It has over 2000 condos it seems as well as shops and entertainment etc.

I think this is the best way to contain tourism by concentrating it where it's least harmful. Noshahr is actually perfect for that because it is located in the widest rim of the Caspian coast as well as being new.

The design seems quite good with maximum use of sun/ beach facing apartments.

The tower are 20 to 30 floors.

http://irph.blogfa.com/post/1122

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
looks very 90s, shiny department store glass, and the little helicopter pad ....
i never understand those

frankly, it looks pretty depressing, imagine all this reflective glass on repetitive cloudy days with a dark green background. it just doesnt fit

places like shomal need more opaque and earthy materials for taller buildings, and the glass ones must be rather transparent, at least thats my opinion
because everything else becomes an eyesore in that climate/area

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I understand your point. I am not sure this render is that exact to be honest. I have a feeling it will change. There is a fair bit of glass but it looks as if it might be set back with an enclosed balcony. But who can tell. With these renders anything is possible.

361 - 380 of 414 Posts