SkyscraperCity banner

Where shall it be?!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please vote for your favored place for THE THIRD MEET!!! Also, if you plan to attend, please mark your name here once more so we get some idea who is coming :)

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I voted for TWC and South Street Seaport. This way we can make a good southbound/northbound trip, instead of going back and forth or something :)
AND YES> I AM COMING FO SHO

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought about the Met roof before, and its all perfect except for its distance to other sites :) HOWEVER! the views it provides will be worthy for its visit :) not to mention the admission can be taken care of with $5 for 14912 people!

·
Super Moderator
11,286 Posts
well that's why I voted Central Park for the Met.
IMO we could start there in the morning, the problem is that it opens at 9 0r 10. Either way, from there we head to midtown by the park, or instead go to the east side and walk on Park ave. And we end up in midtown.
The subway gives us a lift to Downtown, and we cross the Brooklyn Bridge.
but my votes were:
-Time Warner Center
-Grand Central [Met]
-Waterfall @ Trump 5th Ave.
-Citigroup

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
I might come, although I don't know what to vote for, so you people decide for me.

Plus, what's the budget suppose to be like per-person?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Going back to the Winter Garden might be cool - start a tradition, you know? The Met roof or the sunken plaza at Citigroup would be good too.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@3tmk OMG NO CROSSING OF THE BRIDGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it doomed my health for four months...
@Pan You just need enough for some subway rides and lunch, with a possible dinner.
@phxmania Actually, the tradition-idea sounds good!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,286 Posts
^lol, and me who was thinking of crossing the Washington bridge :p
though it's better in summer, and you get awesome views.
anyway, about the tradition, sounds good to me, we can always do start downtown.
and if it's a two day event, we can cover them both

·
User
5,634 Posts
OK, so Winter Garden it is? I like the Winter Garden, not generally packed and is a cool place to hang out. jacksom, just don't walk there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
When is the meeting taking place? I mean those that do show-up could meet at Starbucks...at Grand Central. I mean it is conveniently located. If you guys meet at an open-air public venue then you are putting yourself at risk with the weather...

·
Registered
35 Posts
From bus station on 42nd to Time Square to Winter Garden....that was a long ass walk (in addition to all of the walking we did during the meet). My feet were in pain. It took at least two weeks for the pain to go away. Don't worry Jack(savethewtc)/Ellatur, that will never happen again.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts