SkyscraperCity banner

261 - 280 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
No time being wasted going from demo to construction on this one ...

Lozza - normally id agreed re: Brady signage but on this occasion welcome it !! They are basically building the original non-Brady proposal unchanged if it ends up as rendered complete with bendy glass and new laneways will be something to celebrate (possibly at one of the new bars in said laneways ??) ..

·
Premium Member
10,379 Posts
I was there too, A. Looks like most of the perimeter reinforcing is in place, so I guess they'll be digging soon. I agree re Brady. I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, as it's an inherited design from a respectable architect.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes if it was Redden, he sure would have pushed the fast forward button to speed up construction on site, and it sure does look like they are moving along fast onsite.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
At any other time in the history of Melbourne this would have been a significant Project. As an individual tower rising without any peer we would all be watching aghast. But times are most unusual.
With at least a dozen others of greater significance rising at this time, such a beast is relegated to passé status.

Maybe we should have cameras trained on this from all angles, every day, just as we do with A108 and Aurora, just to give it the status it deserves! It will be an interesting build indeed.

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,167 Posts
Yes it's easy to forget all that's going on in Melbourne and as a result,. This one has slipped under the radar.... Just crazy...

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Are other people seeing Mark's image?

All I see is a clickable link, which when clicked gives a permission error. I'd love to see the pic.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I to cannot see Mark, photo he posted on here last night, all l see is a box advising me to login, once l do it says l don’t have permission to access this why who knows.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I can't see anything other than his comment ????

Hi guys. The app wasn’t working for a few days and I tried to upload it via the web on the phone but hasn’t worked.

I’ll try again on the website from a PC. It’s taken from level 40 in melbourne central.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
This is the shot _mark was talking about ...

Happy to repost it on his behalf .. great stuff !!!

380 will be a magnificent development I have no doubt ...

261 - 280 of 879 Posts