SkyscraperCity banner

301 - 320 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
CBD > 380 Melbourne - 380 Lonsdale St > 217m / 67L / mixed / u.c

The big pour !!

Huge gantries erected spanning Little Lonsdale with truck loading as well I swear my street has been non stop construction site for past 10 years now what with Melbourne Star/Sky then Novotel + Union now just as they are wrapping up this big one !!

·
Registered
53 Posts
This could be make or break with me for Brady. I'm really praying I'l be pleasantly surprised
I agree that this one is 'make or break' for Brady in terms of reputation (at least on these forums :p )
380 Melbourne will be a wall of glass along a key stretch of Elizabeth St, so if it looks cheap it will do a lot of damage to the aesthetics of the city.

This tower(s) is going to have a massive impact either way, I am hoping for a good outcome.

So many beasts rising in Melbourne, what good times.

·
Registered
73,301 Posts
finally added 380L to my google earth
bigger then a thought. nearly 80m wide but very thin

settles in nicely at the dubai end of town

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Great effort. But has it really got such tall lift motor rooms? :eek:hno:

Amazing how many buildings <200m still missing from that google earth that are already completed, but I know you will work on them later. Avant and the Coptic Church tower (both completed) are two notables up that end of town and Beulah's u/c one cnr Queen and La Trobe is another.

But again, well done Cul!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Great job CULWULLA!

Thanks for including this, as it is an absolute blockade of a building. It totally restricts view-lines East-West across the city, which means that soft ‘real’ reflections are a must to reduce its apparent bulk. Only time will tell...

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Bugger!

Even at 218m, this is looking decidedly like ‘filler’ quality.....

Put this in ANY other Australian City and it would be an absolute standout.

Nowadays even Melbourne Central (to roof) looks definitely decidedly diminutive.

·
Premium Member
10,379 Posts
Bugger!

Even at 218m, this is looking decidedly like ‘filler’ quality.....

Put this in ANY other Australian City and it would be an absolute standout.

Nowadays even Melbourne Central (to roof) looks definitely decidedly diminutive.
I know what you mean, but it sounds like we're spoilt little children just voicing the thought. Maybe I'm just superstitious, though the good times will end one day, I suppose. Won't they..

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
That’s quite peculiar....

I had that exact same thought, having looked at CULWULLA’s glorious 3D renderings today.

Where will the future droves of 250 metre plus towers come from now, I thought?

Has all the money dried up? Are we headed for another 1980’s style drought, whereupon we gazed
at the Collins Towers and Nauru House and thought there’d never be another building taller (as Victorians fled north to Queensland in their droves).

I even remember the headlines proclaiming that Brisbane would soon overtake Melbourne as Australia’s second largest city. And there we sat and waited for it all to unravel before our eyes....

I know what you mean, but it sounds like we're spoilt little children just voicing the thought. Maybe I'm just superstitious, though the good times will end one day, I suppose. Won't they..

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes l'm sure they will end one day who knows when, they cannot go on for ever can they cause not.

Redden, you must be due for a holiday soon, l did see on Urban Melbourne website, you saying to Chris, you were due to go in a weeks times.

Where ever you are traveling to this year, hope you have a happy and safe holiday, all of us skyscraper fans will sure miss all your awesome photos and updates why you are away mate.

301 - 320 of 879 Posts