SkyscraperCity banner

341 - 360 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Thar she rises....

The Great Wall separating East from West....

Thenceforth to be known as “The Great Cobb and Co Wall”
after the car park it replaced, adding just a little
Australian heritage to its naming.

·
Premium Member
10,379 Posts
Yes, it's great to see the core box from Elizabeth Street at last. As Papps, and others, have said, 380 is going to look massive when at full height. Let's hope the glass is gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
^ Yeah this one's basically just a couple of joined boxes otherwise so will be judged almost completely by the glass - the quality, colour and whether the ripple effect works.

·
Premium Member
10,379 Posts
Really enjoying your overheads, m12. There's 405 Bourke hiding down there too. With 380, Queens Place, Paragon and the VU tower to come, there's plenty to look forward to, before any slowdown really starts to hurt.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
This is the oft forgotten tower, up there with Vision in height and Swanson Central in girth.

It has almost come ‘out of left field’ with so much else going on. Oh my! The place will be hardly recognisable in another year. One just won’t know which way to turn, let alone what it is we’re looking at.

I feel sorry for the hundreds of thousands of people that never come into the city, they just won’t recognise any of the old landmarks very soon.

Such is progress. If you can’t keep up with it, you ultimately feel banished to the safety of the wasteland. Technology too, has the same effect.

The anxiety and intimidation generated by such physical progress acts like a psychological tourniquet, a shutter be it, to the aged and infirm, and those whose fondness of the physical attributes of a city not long past has suddenly been lost.

·
Aesthetics
1,523 Posts
Papps...I very much enjoy your style of expression...for some reason your last message reminded me of a Spanish writer Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and his gothic mystery series of novels that he wrote and published... I could imagine you writing something in that rather noir style, with those dark and mysterious undertones...of course it would be based in Melbourne!
So sharpen your pencil and start writing!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
This thing is going to be absolutely ‘in your face’ from Elizabeth Street, standing out like Tyrannosaurus Testicles for all to see!

This is one tower that could well have benefited by having air-rights all the way back to Elizabeth Street, but that probably wouldn’t be economically feasible in any market.

It won't be missed, it is going to form a massive wall along Elizabeth St:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
As Papps said, this is going to have massive visibility from all over the place from the east. By the end of this year it will already be full on prominent.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The facade could be stunning especially from the east. If Brady gets this right I'll forgive them for... well let's just wait and see.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
No.

They can’t be forgiven.....

Not for everything!

Maybe for Zen?.....

:hmm:

nope! Not even for Zen.

The facade could be stunning especially from the east. If Brady gets this right I'll forgive them for... well let's just wait and see.

341 - 360 of 879 Posts