1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
Any renders??

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Found the site,It is what i speculated,It will be Just opposite Parliament Buildings and a stone throw is where the Parliament building is on going

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
What a giant monstrosity. I wish they would apply some green architecture with the design and as well the pparking garage could be fully automated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think they said the parking lot will have a capacity of '9000' long term automated parking slots. Street parking will be reserved for short term parking, hopefully this means parking meters. Maybe the streets will be walkable and less congested in the long term.

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
I think they said the parking lot will have a capacity of '9000' long term automated parking slots. Street parking will be reserved for short term parking, hopefully this means parking meters. Maybe the streets will be walkable and less congested in the long term.
Something like this right??

·
Registered
433 Posts
Found the site,It is what i speculated,It will be Just opposite Parliament Buildings and a stone throw is where the Parliament building is on going
Dude, isn't the sunken parking lot the one next to Aga Khan Walk along Harambee Avenue?

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
This is the way to go for Nairobi County.The County should invest in many more parking silos so as to:-
1.) Generate more revenue for the county from the automated ticketing system which eliminates corruption.The current system used by the City government is ridden with corrupt parking attendants who pocket upto half of the daily earnings meant for the County.
2) Kenyans can enjoy safe and secure parking.We wont have to worry about losing side mirrors and radios from thugs.Paying a watchman to watch over your car so that you do not lose your it is not normal and productive.
3.) This will pave the way to a proper regeneration programme for many of the streets in Nairobi.This will involve making more streets look like Mama-Ngina street where parking bays were eliminated, the road narrowed and the pedestrian walkways widened to make the street more pedestrian friendly.I would love to see Tom Mboya street with wide pedestrian walkways,with benches and a water fountain, maybe even a statue.

Right now the City county needs the current parking spaces because they generate revenue for it.But hopefully more silos can be built in strategic places around the city centre so as to eliminate many of the current ground level parking.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just what the CBD needs: An eyesore of a parking silo that will bring more cars into the city centre. There are way too few cars there already!

·
ici maintenant & toujours
1,937 Posts
Brian,

Sunken Car park is not opposite Parliament buildings. It is next to Re-insurance Plaza and in front of Aga Khan Walk and Electricity House.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Some streets like Kenyatta avenue will eventually lose their parking slots and have BRT lanes or pedestrian walkways in their place. I dont see the reintroduction of parking meters anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts